Advantage Tech is looking for a Mid Level Software Developer for our Overland Park, KS Client.
This position is a key contributor within the organization and has the opportunity to directly enable our business vision to build out a robust cloud-based services platform that makes it easy to integrate carriers, brokers, and third parties enable a seamless buying experience.
Our Client desires Associates who want to be part of something bigger than themselves, who possess a positive attitude and who are tenacious about overcoming obstacles encountered. We seek an associate whose mind and skills are strong, and someone with a commitment to continuous learning and experimentation to keep them that way. This role also requires the ability to communicate and collaborate clearly with internal resources as well as third party contributors from outside the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Collaborate with various functional teams and must be able to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical associates
- Support the technical design process by participating in the analysis of technical application requirements, ensuring product/project requirements are satisfied
- Code and test of program modules, assisting in design when required
- Document software for the purpose of maintainability, revising processes and procedures as needed
- Adhere to coding best-practices and software design principles, while maintaining corporate data integrity, reliability, and security
- Research, propose, and develop new features to increase product performance
- Learn user functions, business processes, and organizational roles as required
- Maintain awareness of new technologies and their role and/or potential within the corporate Information Technology infrastructure
- Establish and maintain relationships and interfaces with clients, consultants, and other third-party vendors
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field, or relevant combination of experience and education
- 4+ years .NET (C#) programming experience – includes strong understanding of object-oriented programming principles
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong desire to learn new technologies and strive to constantly improve personal skills
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture, including building and integrating RESTful web services using Web API
- Exceptional ability to troubleshoot (debug) software and hardware issues
- ADO.NET and/or Entity Relational Modeling including SQL Server database design and implementation experience, Transact SQL (T-SQL), Views, Object-Relational Mapping tools, and Stored Procedures
- Experience with the following tools and technologies:
- Visual Studio .NET 2015+, .NET Framework 4.5+
- Web Application Development
- Experience with GIT, TFS, or other version control solutions
- Ability to create and modify unit tests relevant to solution being developed
- Recognize security needs for applications and apply security best practices
- Experience developing in a cloud-based environment (preferably Microsoft Azure)
- Knowledge of Scrum or other Agile methodologies
- Ability to analyze web application performance and recommend improvements
Advantage Tech is proud to be recognized as Kansas City Business Journal’s #1 locally owned IT staffing firm. We are passionate about delivering world-class service and value to our consultants and clients.
Please visit www.advantagetech.net to learn more about our culture, benefits and career opportunities.