Advantage Tech is looking for a Monitoring Systems Administrator for our Lee's Summit, MO Client. This can be a 100% remote position. The Monitoring Systems Administrator (IT Systems Administrator), reports to the Operational Intelligence and Monitoring Manager. The Monitoring Systems Administrator (IT Systems Administrator) role is to administer and maintain IT Monitoring systems and related hardware and software to ensure stable performance and accurate monitoring. This role will be required to perform work with minimal supervision. Handles complex issues and problems and acts as a SME (Subject Matter Expert) for monitoring systems. Possesses comprehensive knowledge of subject matter. This individual also participates in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure system provisioning and maintenance that is consistent with company goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements
- Implement monitoring of infrastructure and applications using various monitoring tools. (e.g. SolarWinds Orion and Splunk)Maintain current monitoring within SolarWinds Orion and SplunkEnsure accurate monitoring of infrastructure and applications.Advance SolarWinds Orion monitoring strategy.
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements.
- Experience documenting and maintaining configuration and process information.
- Researches and recommends innovative and possible automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Maintain detailed documentation of monitoring systems.
- Regularly perform monitoring gap analysis.Work closely with other teams to close identified monitoring gaps.
- Provides leadership, coaching, and/or mentoring to other teams.Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Requires effective communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent technical, diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in a Computer Information Services or a related field experience.
- Additional years of qualifying work experience may be considered in lieu of formal education.
- Requires a minimum of five years of experience in the information technology industry
- Two or more years specifically working with monitoring tools
- Strong experience in the administration, support, and operation of the Orion SolarWinds platform.
- Experience utilizing Splunk, including a strong understanding of SPL.
- Experience in the design and delivery of presentations to both technical and business leadership teams
- In-depth knowledge in monitoring tools
- Experience with creating and maintaining scripts and custom code to support monitoring tools
- Ability to conduct research into issues and products as required
- Familiarity with IT governance standards including ITIL
- Ability to foster and work in a team environment, as well as being self-motivated and self-responsible.
- Working technical knowledge of network and platform operating systems, including Microsoft Windows Server 2016 / 2019 Datacenter, RedHat Enterprise Linux.
- Preferred Experience
- Azure cloud monitoring
- Splunk Administration
- Proficient in PowerShell scripting
- Experience using Virsae Service Management
- Experience in creating Operation Dashboards capable of presenting information to multiple levels from technician to business leader
- Strong desire to advance your knowledge and improve your skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.