Advantage Tech is looking for a Closing Assistant to join their partner organization based in Kansas City, MO.
This position is responsible for residential mortgage loan closing document preparation and coordination with National Title Companies or escrow agents to closing the Bank's loan with the customer. This position is also responsible for the funding, balancing, and booking of the loan and delivery to the investor.
- Prepare initial input and validation of all loan fees on Closing Disclosure for Loan Closer review
- Work closely with title companies to ensure closings are smooth and easy.
- Initiate wires to the title companies for disbursement of the loans.
- Run UCD for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Loans
- Ensure title companies adhere to closing policies and procedures by reviewing documents after closing and providing funding authorization
- To assist other department and fellow team members with their workloads to ensure a smooth production flow for loan applications, closings and deliveries.
- Regular attendance required, working at the work site during regular business hours and/or assigned hours
- Other duties as assigned
The requirements listed below are indicative of the skills, knowledge and ability required for success in this position:
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor's Degree in related field preferred
- 2+ years mortgage lending experience or equivalent coursework preferred
- Possess the ability to use mortgage loan systems and software necessary to perform the duties.
- Must possess the interpersonal skills to communicate with customers, vendors and fellow employees in a courteous and professional manner always
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word)
- Must work well in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to multi-task
- Must show strong initiative
- Possess good organizational skills
- Possess a substantial knowledge of guidelines, procedures and regulatory requirements for all types of loans offered by the Bank
- Possess the ability to use mortgage loan systems and software necessary to perform the duties
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong customer service skills