Advantage Tech is looking for a .NET Developer to work for their client based out of Kansas City, MO
To analyze, design, develop, implement, test and support, along with managing project for PC applications and web applications for all the various departments within the organization.
- Analyzes, designs, develops, tests, implements and supports systems and programs within allocated budgets.
- Establishes good working relationships with user departments learning and understanding their business.
- Develops system/program specifications while providing maintainability and efficiency in the use of computer resources. Adheres to published systems and programming standards and guidelines.
- Investigates and analyzes existing situations, and proposes estimates for various phases of the project. Participate in informal feasibility studies as required for major projects.
- Develops clear program specifications.
- Investigates application maintenance problems and makes corrections as required to prevent reoccurrence.
- Provides systems support as required both during and after normal working hours.
- Continues to enhance technical skills through formal education, self study, or the application of new technologies to business solutions.
- Communicates effectively with and updates senior IS personnel.
- Manage various PC and web applications projects.
Skills & Knowledge: (when applicable)
- 3-4 yrs. proven experience in building windows/web-based applications with involvement in multiple full life-cycle projects.
- Hands-on experience with building .Net applications with Visual Studio 2005/2008, ASP.NET and VB.Net/C# .
- Experience with relational databases, preferably AS400 or SQL Server.
- Strong project management skill and analytical skill.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently on defined tasks.
- Strong team player and committed to the success of the group.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Position applies technical aspects of application systems and programming and performs complex analytical tasks.
- Bootstrap would a nice to have
- Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
- Conceptual Thinking: Understanding how elements, problems, and situations are related to each other and to the larger environment.
- Analytical Skills: Recognizing patterns in data, information, or events, drawing logical conclusions, and making recommendations for actions.
- Planning & Organization: Utilizing logical, systematic and orderly procedures to meet objectives.
- Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on.
- Problem Solving/Decision Making: Taking a well-ordered approach to solving problems and acting despite obstacles or resistance.
- Continuous Learning: Taking initiative in learning and implementing new concepts, technologies and/or methods.
- Technical/Functional Expertise: Demonstrating broad, in-depth, and up-to-date knowledge of pertinent technical, business and professional fields.
- Dependability/Reliability: Following through on commitment, producing timely work to required – or higher – standards, and pitching n to get the job done.
- Confidentiality: Handle highly confidential information and maintain the highest degree of professionalism.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- 2 yr. Associates or 4 yr. BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Systems degree or equivalent experience required.