Network Administrator II
Advantage Tech is looking for a Network Admin to work in a hybrid environment at one of our client’s many locations.
The Network Administrator II ensures the stable operation of the in-house network. This includes architecting, planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, monitoring, and optimizing all network hardware, software, and communication links. The Administrator II monitors engineering and colocation facilities in North America, Mexico and India. They provide secure, highly available data center and internet access, networking and wireless access, along with strategic planning for such services.
Skills & Competencies
- Ability to work from a ticketing system and manage time effectively
- Organizational skills
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with the team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Troubleshooting / Problem Solving
- Customer focus
- Functional/Technical skills
- Action oriented
- Personal learning
- Technical learning
- Analytic skills
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 years of additional relevant experience in lieu of degree
- Certifications and training appropriate to the Network Administration role
- 8 years of network administration experience including Cisco Routers, L2/L3 Switches, Firewalls and Local and Wide Area Network design, optimization, and maintenance
- Experience creating NAT rules, network policy, Filtering and traffic shaping
- Ability to serve on a 24/7 on call rotation.
- Juniper experience
- Palo Alto experience
- Firepower Threat Defense, Firepower Management Center VM background
- Wireless LAN Controllers and AP’s experience
- QoS troubleshooting and experience with AVAYA
- Familiar with Microsoft Azure, ATT Netbond, VMWare, Physical server support, Network Monitoring, Training interns, etc.
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.Submit Resume