Advantage Tech is looking for a Network Engineer for our Kansas City, MO client.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or equivalent experience. A+, CCNA, MCP, MCSE or MCTS certification a plus.
- 7+ years’ experience in a mid to large market company
- Commitment to excellent customer service and ability to develop a rapport with the user base.
- Experience in manufacturing and shop floor is a plus.
- In-Depth knowledge of various network devices, including switches, routers and firewall appliances
- Strong network troubleshooting skills, including a deep knowledge of TCP/IP protocol, switching and routing in a multi-site MPLS enterprise, and circuit administration
- Knowledge of various wireless products, such as access points and controllers. Aruba Network products and/or similar products
- An understanding of Microsoft server and workstation operating system software. Familiarity with HP-UX Unix a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory management and configuration including topology design, replication and Group Policy configuration.
- Knowledge of scripting tools in VB script, Windows Scripting Host, and PowerShell
- Experience with VMWare products in a multi-server, multi-location HA environment
- Knowledge of contingency planning techniques and alternatives to ensure system up-time and disaster recovery options
- Knowledge of DevOps and ITIL methodologies is a plus
- Experience with connectivity, network performance tuning, security, traffic analysis and many other areas of network management
- Ability to work in a team environment and interact effectively with team members from non-technical disciplines and coordinate efforts with remote consultants.
- Ability to work independently and on several projects simultaneously with proven project management and implementation experience.
- Willingness to research and test new technology and advise on its applicability to operating environment.
- Administration & Support
- Responsible for managing the network infrastructure, including configuration, installation, and firmware upgrades for all network devices at all Company locations
- Responsible for managing the wireless infrastructure, including configuration, installation and firmware upgrades of all access points and controllers across the enterprise
- Document network contingency options for servers, including backup strategy and disaster recovery planning for servers in use
- Assist in capacity planning for all locations to encompass devices, circuits, and failover plans
- Use critical thinking for problem analysis
- Obtain a high-level knowledge and understanding of server environment and be able to manage and administer all aspects of server setup, operation and day to day monitoring and performance
- Manage server hardware installation at all locations, including a co-located data center; servers, SANs, switches, tape drives, and network cabling
- Provide backup support for VMWare server environment for server setup, configuration and operation
- Provide backup support for ensuring virus protection is up to date on all servers
- Provide backup support for managing server operating system patches including the test, roll out and verification of all patch updates
- Department Application Support
- Secondary IT contact in the installation, configuration and support of department specific applications.
- Responsible for assisting in documenting setup of department applications, including workstation and server setup requirements.
- IT Project Leader
- Ability to participate on a team and add value to the team by utilizing Company’s IT systems.
- Willingness to research new technology and advise on its usefulness to Company.
- End user support
- Assisting with help desk related support and end-user training as required.
- Analytical—the individual synthesizes complex or diverse information.
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Creativity—the individual is able to propose creative solutions to IT related tasks to add value to Company’s IT environment.
- Communication—the individual is able to clearly express themselves and its polite and respectful to their supervisors, peers and co-workers.
- Leadership—the individual inspires and motivates others to perform well, accepts feedback from others.
- Teamwork—the individual is able to work effectively with others in a team environment.
- Judgment—the individual displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions.
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Confidentiality & Security—the individual will be exposed to confidential data and must use good judgment when handling secure data.
- Commitment to continued learning—the individual must be willing to learn and apply new technologies to Company’s IT environment.
Travel necessary for training and IT implementations at remote sites.
Regular 40 hour work week with occasional nights and weekends required.
Office setting with significant keyboard entry. Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
Advantage Tech is proud to be recognized as Kansas City Business Journal’s #1 locally owned IT staffing firm. We are passionate about delivering world-class service and value to our consultants and clients.
Please visit www.advantagetech.net to learn more about our culture, benefits and career opportunities.