Advantage Tech is looking for a Network Engineer for our Kansas City, MO client. This will be a hybrid position.
Network Engineer — Technology Services
The primary responsibility of the Network Engineer is to provide Windows, Macintosh and all network support for Unbound, as a member of the Technology Services (TS) Infrastructure Team. The emphasis of the Network Engineer role is in implementation for all these systems. This work is primarily focused in the Kansas City office, but also includes some limited support of the Unbound project offices located in the developing nations where program is operating. This position will provide support in ensuring the network is secure, available and stable. This position may also provide guidance and direction for applications systems with regard to how they fit into network systems and or what network environment is needed to support the applications. This person will be responsible for implementing information technology (IT) solutions to address complex business issues. This person will be able to thrive in a highly collaborative workplace and actively engage in all aspects of technology-related processes and solutions. The ideal candidate will possess a thorough understanding of servers, networking and information security. Must be a team player and be able solve problems effectively working alone or with fellow team members. Possesses an aptitude for mentoring of Helpdesk Network Analysts.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) from a four-year college or university in a computer-technology related field; three-plus years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Three-plus years of experience in Windows network topology, Windows server OS, network security, backup/restore technologies and troubleshooting/helpdesk
- Proficient understanding of PCI compliance and GDPR compliance, as well as any other emerging regulatory IT security measures
- Must have a proven record of network maintenance/support and experience in trouble shooting a wide variety of systems problems
- Proficient experience with Active Directory with an emphasis in the security, group policy, DNS, and DHCP components
- Knowledge of wireless networks including best business practices and security for users
- Ability to troubleshoot network and email problems
- Ability to automate monitoring of systems using scripts or reporting tools
- Service-oriented attitude and willingness to improve skills at all levels
- Good communication skills — both oral and written
- Must have ability to complete assigned tasks and projects in a timely manner
- Ability to work non-standard hours when situations require, including working in an after-hours on-call rotation