Advantage Tech is searching for a Network Security Manager to join their client in Kansas City, KS.
This role will partner at all levels of the organization to develop, implement, and execute organization wide network and security policies that reduce risks and mitigate consequences of security breaches. As the Network – Security Manager, you will be asked to align people, process, and technology as a high impact leader for a team of Network/Security engineers and developers. This role will be focused on improving the quality of network and security solutions while improving security levels across the business landscape. This role will be leading your IT team to the successful completion of new network/security solutions or enhancements to existing infrastructure. You will also manage the administrative activities that come with having direct reports, such as time off, skills development, performance management and staff augmentation. It is important you guide the team in understanding the business outcomes not just the tools and process used to achieve them.
· Drive the formation of a functional Network and Security strategy through specialist expertise and insights. Ensure that the strategy meets and protects the business needs.
· Develop the strategy for a significant area of responsibility such as a function, anticipating complex issues, challenges, and opportunities. Ensure the strategy is successfully implemented and meets medium-term business needs.
· Raise up recommendations to the leadership team and guide the implementation of policy, design and implementation of Network and Security projects and change initiatives.
· Deliver a budget for Network and Security activities. This would include identify 5-year capital needs and immediate budget needs.
· Participate in the development of IT strategy. Apply functional expertise to test the viability of the strategy and contributing creative ideas and insights to support the strategy formation process.
· Participate in an annual business plan. Ensuring alignment with strategy; quantify business outcomes. Detail expense and headcount budgets; and develop business cases for key projects, ensuring cross-functional integration.
· Communicate how the Network and Security strategy/roadmap and its relationship to the organization's mission, vision, and values; clarify the actions needed to implement it within the area of responsibility; motivate people to commit to these and to doing extraordinary things to achieve the organization's business goals.
· Manage and report on the performance of the function / business area; set appropriate performance objectives for direct reports and hold them accountable for achieving these; take appropriate corrective action where necessary to ensure the achievement of annual business objectives.
· Identify the capabilities needed to meet the current and emerging business needs of a significant business area. Evaluate current capabilities, identify gaps, and prioritize development activities. Motivate others to develop their capabilities and fulfill their personal potential. Build capabilities elsewhere in the organization through mentoring and other informal methods.
· Can accurately be able to plan, organize, prioritize, and oversee activities to efficiently meet business objectives.
· Has insight with developing, monitoring, interpreting, and understanding policies and procedures, while making sure they match organizational strategies and objectives.
· Is comfortable with on analyzing data trends in Security situations that will help guide decision making.
· Applies expertise to situations that develops and maintains the culture, values and design it needs to reach its objectives while managing structural change.
· Uses clear and effective verbal communications skills to express ideas, request actions and formulate plans or policies.
· Has the ability to analyze data from multiple sources to draw appropriate conclusions and make suitable recommendations.
· Can manage projects and/ or programs within desired cost, time, and quality parameters.
· Adapts existing tools and techniques to existing situation; Adapts to changing goals / objectives; Entrepreneurial spirit; Focuses on simplicity when addressing the customer.
· Can conduct research and analyze data to develop a comprehensive understanding of customer and market conditions that enables maximum return on investments.
· Bachelor Degree a must / Master's Degree is a plus
· 5 to 10 years of experience in Network related activities (Cisco related) and Security related policies and procedures.
· 3 to 5 years of experience of forming strategy and policy to set and deliver objectives within medium to long time framesSubmit Resume