Advantage Tech is looking for an Operations Risk Analyst to join their Topeka based client. This position supports the Operations Risk Manager by performing and completing tasks related to the operations risk management programs.
Tasks include working directly with business partners to implement, maintain and communicate operations risk related policies, frameworks and procedures to ensure risks are identified, assessed, monitored and managed in accordance with the Risk Appetite.
- Facilitating the annual bottom-up risk and control self-assessment process with business units, conducting top-down entity-level risk assessment workshops with management committees and preparing reports summarizing the results of completed risks assessments;
- Working with business partners to draft and finalize documentation of operational risk events and perform root cause analysis of the event to ensure corrective actions sufficiently remediate the underlying issue and are completed in a timely manner;
- Administering the SOx 404 compliance program by facilitating updates to process level documentation, preparing financial statement materiality analyses, selecting samples and gathering documentation for key control testing, performing entity-level key control testing, evaluating control deficiencies and coordinating SOx 404 activities with the external auditor;
- Investigating suspicious activity reported under the Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Policy and reporting suspicious activity reports to the Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) and the Financial Crimes and Enforcement Network (FinCEN); and
- Performing searches of transactions for potential counterparties suspended from conducting business by the FHFA.
- Periodically supports other operations risk and compliance program initiatives by executing day-to-day activities, which may include but is not limited to:
- testing and/or validating compliance with applicable laws, FHFA regulation and guidance;
- verification of operational controls around the use of end user applications (EUAs) (i.e., spreadsheets and other tools);
- validating the design and operating effectiveness of certain EUAs; and
- preparing or validating quarterly and annual data reported to the FHFA on vendor and contract spend under the Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) program.
- Maintains, updates and monitors compliance with operations risk related policies, frameworks and procedures.
- Communicates operations risk program requirements to internal stakeholders and prepares or updates program training materials.
- Prepares materials for the Operations Risk committee.
- Assists in the design and implementation of operations risk and compliance related programs and processes to comply with new laws and/or regulatory requirements.
- Participates in System operations risk related working groups.
- Provides assistance as needed to the business resiliency and model risk management programs.
- Develop a working knowledge of key functional processes to assist in implementing solutions that enhance and refine risk management performance.
- Actively participate in and contributes to group meetings of various sizes, such as departmental meetings, working group meetings, etc.
- Complete operations risk program related assignments within established deadlines.
- Understand and document key internal controls, including the ability to discern strengths and weaknesses.
- Maintain professional, courteous relationships and successfully collaborate with business partners.
- Communicate effectively in writing (emails, memos and reports) and in verbal communications.
- Communicate to appropriate parties any concerns, performance issues and/or other applicable information related to the various operations risk related programs.
- Protect business records created or used in business processes to ensure availability, confidentiality, integrity and the retention and destruction of such as specified by relevant policies.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, ability to solve problems, memory for details, ability to prioritize, and ability to maintain concentrated mental and visual attention for sustained periods.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Three to five years of experience in risk management, internal audit, external audit or other similar or related fields.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, finance or other related discipline is required. Master's degree and/or professional certification (i.e., CPA, CIA, CRMA) is preferred.
- A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary and often requires the ability to influence and/or sell ideas or services to others.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills and a continuous improvement mindset.
- Solid attention to detail and organization skills.
- Working knowledge of internal control system processes and risk management methodologies.
- Ability to develop a comprehensive understanding of operations risk related programs (i.e., SOx Section 404 and 302 compliance, risk assessments, fraud awareness, operational risk event reporting, business resiliency, EUDC, vendor risk management, etc.).
- General knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and auditing standards.
- Ability to work with a variety of business partners to achieve OR department and goals.
- Solid knowledge of/experience using MS Office including Word and Excel and Adobe PDF.
- Must be able to work or travel independently and operate all types of general office equipment.