Advantage Tech is searching for a Support Engineer to work for their client based out of Kansas City, MO.
The Operations Support Engineer is responsible for providing support for workstation hardware and software as well as peripherals. Additionally, the position provides support for OPTAMUM, EAP Expert and other internally developed and externally purchased software and hardware.
- Answers, evaluates, and prioritizes incoming telephone, voice mail, e-mail, and in-person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer-related technologies.
- Interviews user to collect information about problem and leads user through diagnostic procedures to determine source of error.
- Customer service focus in all aspects of daily duties
- Handles problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up for routine user problems.
- Logs and tracks calls using problem management database, maintains history records, problem documentation, as well as software and hardware inventories.
- Installs hardware, software, and peripheral equipment.
- Testing of software products in development
- Prepares standard statistical reports, such as help desk incident reports.
- Consults with programmers to explain software errors, recommend changes to programs, and assists in the identification of emerging technologies and products.
- Calls software and hardware vendors to request service regarding defective products.
- Tests software and hardware to evaluate ease of use and whether product will aid user in performing work.
- Writes software and hardware evaluations and recommendations for management review.
- Develops, writes and revises user training manuals and procedures.
- Support the goals of the Information Systems Division and participate as a member of the Information Systems team.
- Assures compliance with New Directions policies and procedures; take appropriate action to correct any obvious unsafe conditions.
- Adheres to New Directions Behavioral Health Mission Statement, Core Values, Code of Business Conduct, and Compliance Program.
- Complies with all Federal and applicable State laws and New Directions Behavioral Health Policies regarding, privacy, confidentiality, and security of health information, and other designated information.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- High School Diploma with 4 or more years of experience supporting enterprise level hardware and software
- Proven written and oral communication skills, organizational skills, demonstrated willingness to work within a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- CompTIA: A+, Net+, Sec+ (If not currently certified, employee is required to attain all certifications within one year of hiring)
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in the Technology field
- Experience with ServiceNow
- Bomgar Remote Control
- Support of Citrix VDI and XenApp environment
- SCCM Administration/MDT
- Adaptable to quickly changing situations
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, proportions, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Able to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Able to prioritize and handle multiple issues received in a short time span