We are seeking an experienced and ambitious Software Developer who has the initiative to be a contributing member of a small development team. The successful candidate will work with internal business staff across multiple business functions to participate in the design and development of new application systems, support of existing systems and implementation of your own software solutions. Work will include both development using SQL and PL/SQL plus developing user interfaces and reporting.
This position encompasses the full life cycle including analysis, design, development, testing, troubleshooting, documentation and implementation of the developed solution. We will teach you our business and software development methodology depending on your skill level. Job emphasis will vary depending upon your experience and learning.
This position is a great opportunity for someone with a strong interest in application software development and who is a self starter that works well in a team environment. We develop our own systems using Oracle databases. We don’t have hard separations between DBA, business analyst, designer, and software developer. This will allow you more freedom to use and grow your skills. You will also have the opportunity for you to grow in your career and work with a broad scope of application systems.
- A Bachelor’s Degree, or higher, in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in Oracle SQL, PL/SQL
- Oracle Forms and Oracle BI Publisher are a plus
- Java (Oracle ADF Framework) or equivalent a plus
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong logic and analytical skills
- Work with peers and other staff in the organization.
- Continue to advance your technical and business knowledge, developing new skills.
- Work with motivation to be results oriented and innovative. Have a bias to action.
- Perform excellent verbal and written communication.
- Speak, read, comprehend and follow written and verbal English instructions.
- Relay technical information and to translate technical language into user-friendly terminology.
- Learn and understand business as it relates to your projects.
- Provide professional and courteous service.
- Adhere to department and company required standards.
Meet deadlines with varying workloads that sometimes requires off-hours work