Advantage Tech is searching for an OSP Engineering Coordinator to join their client's team in Lee's Summit, MO.
Entry level position for OSP Engineering Coordinator to support for all aspects of outside plant operations and initiatives.
Position will be responsible for:
- Maintaining Outside Plant records, platforms, and support functions for the installation, maintenance, and construction of fiber optic cable plant.
- Duties will include developing permits, records updates, material ordering, and all other duties to support OSP engineering initiatives.
- Serve as the primary administrator for the OSP records database to include updates, additions, and changes to plant records as required. Ensure accuracy of all field records before entering into the database.
- Prepare timely project tracking and progress reports.
- Coordination of project close-out documents from outside plant contractors.
- Submit applications for state and local installation permits for OSP projects on the appropriate permitting systems.
- Assist with purchase orders for OSP projects in accordance with engineering designs.
- Produce various dashboard reports for executives and internal personnel summarizing the performance of key metrics for the OSP network
- Serve as focal point for pulling information from various OSP systems to provide statistics regarding the performance of the network.
- Provide engineering support for sales initiatives and all project development.
- Monitor and track outside plant locates and costs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCES:
- College degree /Tech School training or equivalent
- Familiarity with outside plant construction desirable.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with emphasis on Excel
- Basic Understanding of database systems
- Aptitude to learn Fiber optics network engineering skills
- Desire to learn all aspects of telecommunication technology for advancement within the company