Outside Plant Engineer (OSP)
Advantage Tech is searching for an Outside Plant (OSP) Engineer to join their client’s team in Peoria, Ill.
Network engineering support for all aspects of outside plant initiatives. Position will be responsible for fiber optic plant and deployments including, staking, costing, permitting, and contractor selection. Candidate will be required to possess project management skills to include timely status reports, route documentation, and network integration plans. All candidates must have knowledge of outside plant construction techniques.
- Support the development of outside plant (OSP) initiatives either under consideration or approved for deployment. Take responsibility for the formal development and maintenance of all current OSP records. Provide support to Operations for facility-related maintenance issues.
- Provide timely preliminary route proposals and estimates of project costs to support Business Case development. Perform route staking on routes that are subsequently approved for construction. Evaluate bids for construction and make recommendation on contractor selection.
- Oversee job construction for adherence to route design and plant placement specifications. Ensure that proper permitting and right-of-ways are obtained. Verify construction clean-up. Review contractor invoices/charges for accuracy of billing.
- Create final as-built documentation for permanent records. Coordinate the inclusion of new plant into One-Call databases. Notify OSP Locate Company of additional assets requiring locate support.
- Represent the client for all OSP issues including State Specific Departments of Transportation, One-Call Dig Centers, and facility locate projects/inquiries.
This position is responsible for the planning, design, maintenance, documentation, and protection of the client’s optical backbone network plant to include all integrated third-party network plant.
This Position works closely with other client employees, Contractors and vendors. Most importantly, this position will work directly with the client’s valued Customers and represent the client in the communities it serves. Exceptional professionalism is an essential component under consideration.
SPECIALIZED KNOW HOW AND JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Knowledge, training, and understanding of the following:
- Knowledge of Outside Plant route planning and construction management experience.
- Flexible work schedule. Regular hours are 8:00AM to 5:00 PM M-F; however, hours to be
- worked are determined by job requirements and work outside of the hours listed may be required.
- Valid state driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Self-motivated and highly productive.
- Strong general PC skills including drafting, mapping, and GIS database administration.
- Strong oral and written communications skills. Able to communicate effectively at all level and
- under challenging circumstances.
- Highly developed organization and coordination skills.
- College degree – Civil Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Fiber optics training to include fusion splicing, fiber storage techniques, basic optical design
- considerations, optical physical characteristics, and optical network components.