Advantage Tech is looking for a Product Manager for our Atlanta, Georgia client.
Leads the planning and rollout of assigned products through ownership of product concepts, roadmaps, and prioritization with delivery teams. Navigates a dynamic and distributed stakeholder and development environment to build and maintain a prioritized roadmap. Owns product backlog and release plan. Champions and supports the product development team by reducing churn and waste, removing blockers, escalating issues and offering ideas, solutions, and technical product guidance. As part of the team you will be contributing towards Modernization efforts to architect and design platforms for the cloud.
Our Platform and Product Engineering team is composed of technical Swiss army knives whose combined ability to craft new capabilities in a rapid, prototype-oriented environment sharpens the overall quality standards. Every member of our hard-working collective is truly spearheading the evolution of fintech, meaning that every day you’ll be in lockstep with the history-makers and future-builders of this industry. From awe-inspiring UX to vast data sets, as you lend your valuable hand and potent brain power to the many facets of this group effort, you’ll play a significant role in bolstering our culture of growth and innovation for generations to come.
Collaborate with engineers across the Digital Innovation team to create technical designs, develop, test and solve complex problems that drive the solution from initial concept to production.
– Think in terms of the big picture, and deliver on the details.
– Work in an engineering focused, iterative team that’s composed of people with a wide range of skills.
– Demo your work for colleagues and members of the business team.
– Create & articulate the Vision & roadmap for the products you own.
– Lead the full product cycle: ideation, research, design, development, testing and launch.
– Relentlessly clear the way for the development team to be as efficient as possible. Break down and prioritize delivery of products by developing and maintaining the product backlog and cross-product dependencies.
– Elicit, identify, document, and refine requirements from business problems to detailed user stories and acceptance criteria that may include technical requirements.
– Proactively communicate and collaborate with stakeholders, developers, QA, and other team members to analyze information and functional requirements.
– Advocate the development process through to implementation, and ensure the delivered product meets business needs.
– Perform acceptance testing for user stories and features.
– Manage stakeholder needs & requests while balancing product roadmap
– Experience designing and delivering large distributed, mobile, machine learning, responsive web or API software systems.
– Exposure to architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications (e.g., well-designed APIs, mobile apps, data integrations, and/or large mobile web applications).
– Multiple successful product launches under your belt.
– Ability to quickly absorb technical concepts and effectively communicate them to a nontechnical audience.
– Fluent, open communication style – speaking, writing, collaborating.
– Demonstrated understanding of user experience, user centered design and responsive web design.
– Experience working in a team-based, start-up or agile development environment.
– Mentored product managers, engineers, and designers in how to work together to build great products.
– A willingness to take ownership of anything at any time.
– You care about usability and pixels more than the UX/UI team, you care about performance and reliability more than the Engineering team, and you care about the end-user more than anyone else.
– Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in computer science, information technology or business information systems or related field.
– Minimum of 5 years of experience as a product owner