Advantage Tech is looking for a Software Developer for our Kansas City, MO Client.
The Software Solutions group creates and supports customer facing technology. The department applies best practices and innovative technology to stakeholder and business issues to find solutions that maximize investment value.
We are looking for a .Net developer to build software using languages and technologies of the .NET framework. You will create applications from scratch, configure existing systems and provide user support.
The Programmer Analyst III develops code and provides technical support in adherence to company standards, policies and procedures. The Analyst III applies unique aptitude for a specific applicable technical skill as needed.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops code consistent with specifications and performs unit testing of such code
- Utilizes professional discretion to make technical decisions that guide project, department, or program as needed
- Independently utilizes professional discretion to achieve project goals with minimal oversight
- Participates in formal unit and or integration testing for deliverables as assigned by management or required by project
- Communicates clearly in writing and verbally the specific logic involved in assigned tasks
- Proactively researches, learns, and applies new technology and methods to solve assigned tasks
- Performs peer code reviews and collaborates with team to improve overall design and code
- Participates in requirements analysis
- Collaborates with the internal team to produce software design and architecture
- Write clean, scalable code using .NET programming languages
- Serve as an expert on applications and provide technical support to internal and external customers
- Quality, consistent, readable code that meets business requirements
- Code that adheres to company standards which are based on SOLID principles and internally published style guides
- Demonstrated ingenuity and flexibility in specific programming specialty and ability to provide guidance to entry level peers based on the subject
- Independent accomplishment of small programming projects with minimal oversight from management
- Code follows the Test Driven Development Process
Minimum Education & Experience Qualifications
- Associates degree or 2 years of additional relevant experience in lieu of degree
- Professional Development experience writing new code in applications using .Net, AngularJS, 3js, Python, Unity, PHP, or HTML 5.
- Considered an Expert in at least one listed language
- Professional experience architecting a Software Application using applicable technologies
Preferred Education & Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Professional certifications commiserate with Job Requirements
- 5 years of professional development experience
- Experience writing software deliverables professionally, from conception to delivery
- Agile/Scrum experience
- Experience mentoring junior developers
Technical Skills & Competencies
- Customer focus
- Action oriented
- Career ambition
- Learning on the fly
- Time management
- Problem solving
- Technical learning
- Functional and technical skills
- Written communications
Advantage Tech is proud to be recognized as Kansas City Business Journal’s #1 locally owned IT staffing firm. We are passionate about delivering world-class service and value to our consultants and clients.
Please visit www.advantagetech.net to learn more about our culture, benefits and career opportunities.