Do you want to work for one of the best kept secrets in Omaha with very low turnover? Join this progressive company adding a developer to their team.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for providing analysis of end user needs and creating custom software and configuring third party application software products to meet defined business needs. Incumbent is responsible for identifying and leading the resolution of complex issues in support of business automation. Incumbent is proficient in both custom software development and packaged systems configuration activities. Scope of Business Analysis duties is within and across multiple business units at any given time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS:
Business Analysis Duties
- Reviews, analyzes, designs, and evaluates business systems and user needs.
- Documents requirements, defines scope, assumptions, constraints, risks, and objectives.
- Designs systems to parallel overall business strategies.
- Documents impact to processes, business operations, and the organization.
- Creates plan and plan content,
- May provide project-based direction and guidance to others in IT.
- Utilizes and complies with internal standards; provides input to design new and revise existing standards.
- Designs unit and system tests; tests developed code and/ or modified third party product; validates results with customers.
- Creates and validates the back-up, recovery, and disaster recovery parameters of a given application.
- Documents developed code and systems, or changes made to third party product.
- Provides leadership in support of and troubleshooting of operational problems relative to application systems.
- May be viewed as an expert for specific technologies, applications, or products.
- Provides leadership and works effectively and professionally with other members of IT to support application implementations, test events, upgrades of both infrastructure and applications, and in troubleshooting activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science or combination of associate’s degree and three years of related work experience can substitute.
- Minimum three years of experience in business analysis and programming computer software applications.
- PC proficiency with good working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office products, database concepts, and networks.
- Ability to identify and lead the resolution of highly complex business issues and problems.
- Ability to facilitate one-on-one interviews up to large group (4+) sessions.
- Ability to translate business requirements into designs, logical and physical data models, and create application programs in the Visual Studio environment using .NET, Visual Basic code.
- Ability to create and manipulate application data stores using the SQL Server suite of products.
- Ability to translate business requirements and install, configure, and modify parameters of packaged application software.
- Ability to modify forms, stored procedures, jobs, scripts, reports and vendor supplied utilities to effect solutions.
- Operates and delivers solutions with a customer service mentality.