Advantage Tech is looking for a remote PM for our Client.
Directs the efforts of team members on IT projects. Ensures that services are responsive to the client’s needs, including being on time and within an identified scope and budget. Coordinates all departmental personnel required to complete the assigned projects. Effectively applies project management methodology and enforces project standards.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Creates and executes project plans and revises as appropriate to meeting changing requirements
- Identifies resources needed, requests their time from management, and assigns responsibilities to team members
- Manages day to day operational aspects of a project and scope
- Manages the project budget, tracks team hours and expenses on a weekly basis
- Develops estimates of cost and schedules for medium and large size projects
- Defines the deliverables, develops criteria for successful completion and achieves targeted deliverables with in time and budget estimates
- Develops project charter, business cases and gets owner to agree to scope of project
- Writes requirement documents when no business analyst is available
- Ensures compatibility and consistency with existing architectural standards
- Coordinates assigned projects with other department projects
- Schedules risk reviews and manages risk in conjunction with other departments
- May be asked to run internal task groups
- Prepares and delivers project status to the project owner as well as follow up issues
- Performs research and development of new technologies and providers
- Maintains a change control process to articulate changes to the project scope
- Simultaneously manages at least one critical project and moderate number of non-critical projects
- Maintains a moderate and increasing level of proficiency in software and other technologies supported by the IT Dept
- Creates and/or updates documentation that benefits end-users (e.g. how-to manuals) and/or other IT personnel (e.g. program documentation and IT processes).
- Provides technical support for an application for a short time after training has taken place
- Mentors more junior project managers
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Maintain quality standards on all projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field and 8 years’ experience. Or, in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 12 years’ experience.
- 8 years of applicable business or system development experience and 3 to 5 or more years of project management experience.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.