Job Title: Project Manager
Advantage Tech is hiring! We are looking for a qualified individual to join our client company based in Topeka, KS.
Plan and manage the delivery of software application systems and associated application technical support services in support of business objectives and ongoing operations. This includes project planning, estimating, prioritizing, execution, implementation and post implementation support for internally developed and third-party applications. This role may be responsible for managing multiple concurrent projects using agile methods that cross multiple business divisions. Works collaboratively with the IT Solutions Delivery Managers and their staff to plan, design and deliver systems in compliance with established Solutions Delivery Life Cycle (SDLC). The position will also be responsible for technology vendor relationship management and assisting with process improvements that support the IT Department’s Strategic Plan.
- Project planning, estimating, prioritizing, directing work to multiple teams and project tracking.
- Works closely with the business functional areas in defining systems/project priorities, high level project backlog creation and prioritization, approach, project level backlog estimating, all while focusing on regular and timely delivery of business value.
- Play a primary role in executing risk management and issue identification and resolution.
- Vendor relationship management including contract requirements if third-parties are involved.
- Statement of Work (SOW) definition and creation (if applicable).
- Facilitate cross team work when multiple teams involved.
- Facilitate project steering and sponsor meetings including project status reports.
- Manage and report on project implementation, financials and forecasts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Develop, implement and oversee project plans. This will include assisting with initial scope assessments and estimates.
- Plan, lead, organize, and motivate project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering projects within the timelines established that provide exceptional business value.
- Monitor and report on relevant activity as it relates to project plans and metrics; with regular updates to sponsor, team and management. Provide bi-weekly progress reports to the Director of PMO in a pre-determined format.
- Work closing with IT Solutions Delivery Managers, business sponsors and team members to resolve complex problems on applications across multiple hardware platforms, software packages and programming languages. This will include coaching team members in areas of team building, communication and collaboration.
- Provide guidance on project delivery, which will require the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and implement resolutions.
- Participate with project teams in implementation and post-production support of applications.
- Promote and assist with process improvements that conform to industry practices.
- Communicate and provide support with users at all levels to understand their job functions, business needs, technical complexities and strategic direction to establish a strong rapport with business units and team members.
- Continuously expand skill set by learning new techniques and sharing knowledge with the project management team.
- Protect business records created or used in business processes to ensure availability, confidentiality, integrity; and the retention and destruction of such as specified by relevant policies.
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) by taking actions that are consistent with the DEI program. Provides reporting to the Office of Minority and Women Inclusion (OMWI), as needed, as well as partners with OMWI to implement effective policies and procedures that incorporate DEI into business activities.
- Minimum of three years of banking and financial systems experience is preferred. (Experience may be in operational or information technology aspects of the financial sector.)
- Experience with Microsoft technologies is required.
- Experience with Agile Project Management tools, such as Jira/Greenhopper, Rally, VersionOne, TFS or equivalent is required.
- Experience managing, mentoring and coaching small teams.
- Strong leadership, customer service and facilitation skills.
- Ability to assign, coordinate and prioritize tasks and projects with strong multi-tasking skills.
- General understanding of programming concepts and web development is required.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Resourcefulness and creativity when researching new products and techniques.
- Must be able to work and travel independently and use general office equipment.
- Must be goal-oriented and have a strong sense of team solidarity.