Advantage Tech is searching for a qualified Project Manager to join their client’s team in Kansas City, KS
Our client needs a Project Manager in Information Technology to lead complex, critical, and enterprise-wide projects. This role plans and coordinates all aspects of projects from initiation to delivery. You will use your organization, critical thinking, and communication skills to support business initiatives that will deliver value to the client and its retail members.
You will be asked to align people, process, and technology as an impact leader across internal and external entities and deliver quality solutions while overseeing the budget and timeline aspects of projects and enhancements. It is important you guide the team in understanding the business outcomes, not just the tools and process used to achieve them.
Deliver Reliable Solutions & Technology (40%)
- Partner with key internal and external stakeholders to understand and drive projects through clear project benefits, scope, timelines, and resource planning.
- Provide support by planning resource time and ensuring all stakeholders understand tasks and benefits.
- Ensure that project governance processes are followed.
- Anticipate, identify, and escalate risks to define mitigation plans. Lead change through influence, personal advocacy, vision, and drive.
- Collaborate with IT leaders to ensure that solutions are aligned with the larger architecture and strategic direction of the department.
Own Communication & Customer Service (30%)
- Responsible for the stability, availability, and operational effectiveness of solutions as they are turned over to production support.
- Deliver clear communication on approach, status, issues, and risks on a regular basis to manage stakeholder expectations.
- Engage in day-to-day relationship management with vendors, holding them accountable for service quality/delivery and assist with creating cost-efficient & comprehensive contracts that protect AWG.
- Ensure that delivered solutions have a clear and concise support model.
- Collaborate with peer IT leaders to understand process, strategy, and priorities across ongoing and upcoming initiatives.
Support IT Strategy & Execution Alignment (15%)
- Understand and report on necessary metrics.
- Partner with client stakeholders to seek and provide continuous feedback regarding projects and how they align with larger goals and objectives.
- Take proactive steps to understand future needs regarding resources and solutions to support strategic conversations in the department.
Drive Continuous Improvement Culture (15%)
- While leveraging current standards, identify, recommend, and create standards as needed.
- Understand the budgetary processes associated with projects and ensure that project stakeholders are fulfilling their tasks related to those processes.
- Be an advocate for creative thinking around projects by always considering more efficient and cost-effective ways to serve the organization and its members.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-10+ years of proven progressive performance in the management of information technology projects.
- Solution evaluation/selection and implementation for large scale, complex environments, including proposal comparison/score carding and total cost of ownership and benefit estimation
- Ability to apply best practices to the software development lifecycle (SDLC) for projects based on experiences with iterative/agile and blended approaches, effectively coordinating implementations with cross functional teams. Experience with modern development practices and technologies to drive reuse, seamless process/system integration, scalability, and long-term supportability.
- Identifies and initiates action plans with limited guidance, self-prioritizes, drives to deliver on commitments without prompting and communicates ahead of deadlines
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time; occasional travel associated to support company needs and/or vendor relations
NICE TO HAVE/PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Retail, wholesale, or Consumer Product Goods industry experience
- Professional services, consulting experience
- Iterative solution delivery experience to drive accountability and delivery in an Agile experience model preferred
- Proven solution delivery/service experience using Agile and ITIL methodologies, leveraging internal, external, and offshore skillset to optimize cost and support
- ITIL Certification and experience using it for IT Service Delivery
- Experience with SaaS solutions
- PMP certification