Our Overland Park client is looking for a Project Manager to join their team and assist with HCM/Finance related projects. Responsible for planning, scheduling, and coordinating complex business and IT projects. Deliver these projects within quality, time and budget constraints and appropriately manage any associated risks. Duties include budgeting, identifying resources and coordinating the efforts of cross-functional team
members as well as third-party contractors or consultants to deliver projects according to plan.
- Provide project management leadership for strategic initiatives as assigned, including the development of project plans and coordination of project team activities.
- Provide coordination between multiple technical and business teams including DBAs, Server Administrators, Architects, Infrastructure Analysts, Developers, Operations Analysts, Project Managers and business contacts.
- Utilize accepted project management techniques to develop and maintain project plans and
manage project quality.
- Manage complex development projects using the Agile Scrum methodology.
- Prepare project planning documents including charter, schedule, and testing plans.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion, including creation of reports and presentations to senior management.
- Manage project budgets and authorizations for expenditures.
- Complete projects on time and within budget guidelines to achieve company and project objectives.
- Translate technical details for people with varied levels of knowledge.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identifies potential risks, manages issues and devises mitigation and contingency plans.
- Define process success criteria with product owner.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members.
- May manage relationships with external suppliers at a project or program level.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer information systems or related area.
- Five (5) years’ experience leading complex Information Technology projects.
- Experience developing and delivering processes pertaining to managing information technology projects, compliance reporting, process auditing and reporting capabilities.
- Strong analytical skills and proven ability to transform learning and insight into actionable plans.
- Excellence at organization and coordination with ability to successfully manage multiple,
concurrent projects and communications across multiple teams.
- Self-driven leader and proactive team player.
- Effective facilitation and coaching skills – ability to facilitate agreement across functional teams to deliver an overall business solution.
Excellent interpersonal skills to build positive working relationships across groups and all