Advantage Tech is partnering with a large engineering company to add a Project Manager to their growing team. This candidate will have a background as a Project or Product Manager in the construction or electrical engineering industry.
This company currently maintains a team of individuals managing a variety of projects and programs for Detroit Edison (DTE). With the current and anticipated upcoming workload, we are in need of expanding that team by adding a Project/Program Manager. This role will be focused on leading a Breaker Replacement Program on DTE’s distribution system and potentially other transmission, distribution and substation programs. Keys to this role will be: excellent written and verbal communicator, ability to manage multiple stakeholders, ability to self-start when project conditions change and lead the team to a solution, ability to understand and follow the client’s process and procedures for budget authorizations, budget management, scope awards, outage coordination, labor utilization, etc. In addition, the role will include design coordination, design constructability reviews, field construction coordination, and material and equipment coordination. Role will be based in Detroit with local travel to project sites in DTE’s service territory in Michigan.
Ideal candidate will have a degree in electrical engineering or construction management and will have 12-15 years of experience.
Having substation electrical experience is required – MUST SHOW ON RESUME.
Having worked for a Utility or Utility Contractor is preferred.
Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Program Management or a related field.
• Additional applicable experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
• A minimum of 15 years relevant project management experience in the construction industry.
• Capable of executing projects and achieving company certification as an EPC Project Manager and/or Program Manager.
• Ability to thoughtfully and positively influence, lead and manage.
• Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access).
• Strong experience with document control, scheduling, cost control and project management software is required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and attention to detail.
• Ability to handle large volumes of work and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Multiple years of experience on construction project sites or executing program management in the industries of aviation, commercial, energy, government, manufacturing, oil & gas, process, transmission & distribution, or water is preferred.
• A basic understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles is required.
• Must be able to meet the company’s driving requirements.