Advantage Tech is seeking a detail-oriented proposal coordinator for our partner organization based in North Kansas City, MO.
This position will assist and support the Business Development Executive Team in the areas of proposal development and general administrative functions. Successful candidates must be able to work well on a team or independently while planning, developing, writing and editing technical and non-technical information for internal and external audiences. The proposal coordinator must be able to maintain strong communication and have exceptional organization skills.
- Seek and track proposal/bid opportunities using fbo.gov, GovWin, Seaport-e, GSA, and other related RFP online tools.
- Determine proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs, study requests for proposals, and participate in strategy meetings.
- Develop proposal by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation.
- Write, revise, and edit drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials in a clear concise manner maintaining continuity of style and content.
- Perform technical writing and editing content in the areas of business, logistics support, supply, and maintenance per DoD directives and SOPs.
- Manage updates and revisions to technical literature.
- Meet proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for each step and procedure in the proposal process.
- Organize and maintain electronic and paper copy bid files.
- Provide administrative support as necessary to the Executive Team, Program Managers, Administration, and Business Development departments.
- Attend site visits and industry days as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, English, or similar specialty.
- Minimum of two years’ relevant experience.
- Technical writing experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational, and communicative skills to effectively present complex information to target audiences via both oral and written communication.
- Spoken and written fluency in English.
- Obtain/maintain favorable security investigation.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Word and MS Excel.
- Proficiency in data mining, searches, and website management.
- 10-20% travel.
- APMP certification and/or grant writing a plus.
- Experience in government contract bidding and proposal development preferred.
- Extensive knowledge/experience in preparing and coordinating submittals and proposal development in terms of deliverables, schedules and resources to meet schedules preferred.