Do you want to work for a company that you know the "why" you are working so hard every day. This is an incredible non profit company that focuses around education and will pull on your heart strings.
The QA Engineer conducts testing and quality assurance efforts for learning applications and ensures that software released by the Platform team meets the highest standards of stability and usability.
- Review feature requirements, designs and specifications, and provide appropriate feedback to the Platform team to ensure the QA process is well-informed
- Develop thorough test plans for the platform backend, both for specific releases and general regression testing.
- Develop, maintain, and execute automated tests, to complement manual testing efforts
- Conduct testing activities and provide thorough, structured feedback to the team for issues that require resolution. Testing activities will include a mix of manual and automated testing.
- Track and verify resolution of issues.
- Support and validate software releases, upon deployment
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a relevant field
- 2+ years of testing and quality assurance experience
- Excellent manual testing skills for exploratory and functional testing
- Mobile testing experience, ideally with Android devices.
- Testing automation experience
- Strong proficiency with typical software development tools, including Trello, G Suite tools, Zendesk, Android OS, multiple browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox) as well as understanding of test automation platforms
- Strong proficiency with agile software development methodologies
- Basic experience writing and executing SQL queries, for testing purposes