Advantage Tech is looking for a QA Manager for our Overland Park KS Client.
We are in search of a Quality Assurance Manager to become an integral part of our growing Software Engineering team.
This person directs and oversees the implementation of policies and procedures for the software quality assurance function. Work with the Engineering team to develop and execute QA strategies to meet and exceed company and client quality goals. Monitoring of QA activities, including test results, leaked defects, providing root cause analysis and identifying areas of improvement for the project and QA team. Implement steps required to improve the processes. Evaluates and monitors tools, methodologies, and automation to ensure effective testing and identification of defects. Oversees user acceptance, alpha and beta testing efforts. Provides input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility. May give input into developing the budget. Capable of resolving escalated issues arising from business operations and requiring coordination with other departments.
- Leverage your understanding of QA methodologies and best practices to author, implement and execute testing policy and process.
- Guide, define, document and manage quality assurance across the organization.
- Work closely with software developers to perform all levels of testing, as well as be an integral part of solving complex system level challenges.
- Lead, mentor and manage a group of test engineers.
- Collaborate across teams to understand how our customers use our software and build a comprehensive set of test plans and test strategies.
- Design and systematize QA metrics, processes, tools and test cases.
- Advocate for and implement automation capabilities throughout the entire software development life cycle including, functional, performance, scale and stress.
- Asses risk and use industry best practices for releasing software to customers.
- Develop mechanisms for collecting, interpreting, tracking and reporting on test execution and quality metrics.
- Working knowledge of test automation (using Selenium or other UI Automation frameworks) including development of data seeding, mocking, stubbing, scripting, and other techniques.
- Working knowledge of building out Automation Frameworks, knowledge of automation best practices; 2 or more years as a Director.
- Working knowledge of performance testing and benchmarking.
- B.S. Computer Science or related degree
- 10+ years quality assurance/test experience required
- 4+ years of management experience required
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- Understanding of and experience with all aspects of the software development life cycle
- A deep understanding of defect reporting, version control, and configuration management best practices, along with different testing phase best practices and objectives (functional, system integration, UAT, performance)
- Comfortable with REST APIs and SQL databases
- Previous experience testing applications within an HTML5 environment
- Knowledge and understanding of threat intelligence analysis is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
Advantage Tech is proud to be recognized as Kansas City Business Journal’s #1 locally owned IT staffing firm. We are passionate about delivering world-class service and value to our consultants and clients.
Please visit www.advantagetech.net to learn more about our culture, benefits and career opportunities.