Are you looking for a great culture where everyone supports each other and you have growth opportunity? This client is adding to their QA team and looking for a mentor to help the QA team.
General Position Summary
Responsible for developing, maintaining, and executing test cases, and software / web testing. Participates in all phases of the SDLC, from business requirements review, design (development), to final system testing and release testing. Ensures software is tested thoroughly before it is migrated to Production. Able to execute automated scripts and possibly troubleshoot when those scripts fail. Supports the objectives and goals of the testing organization by identifying opportunities for process improvement across the Business Lines.
Essential Job Functions
· Foundation-level knowledge in test automation and script/code creation; able to execute test automation scripts and analyze the results.
· Serves as the testing subject matter expert on their team, following and teaching the test processes prescribed by the test organization, producing metrics on test progress, and tracking bug status.
· Trains, mentors and educates other staff in the effective and appropriate use of testing, and test data.
· Collaborates across business divisions to determine best practices and process improvements in testing, test data management, software change management and related technical tools; coordinate and drive the related implementation efforts.
· Perform functional, functional integration, regression, as well as other forms of test activities according to best practice prescribed by the community of practice.
· Creates test artifacts in Jira and Confluence, and understands the various issue type and template functionalities.
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, MIS, related field or equivalent work experience.
· Proven success utilizing testing methodologies and software engineering tools and methods in testing client / server / service software throughout the software development cycle.
· Dedicated to improvement and innovation regarding the effectiveness and efficiency of testing and quality management.
· Ability to learn fast, be self-driven and to work across teams and disciplines.
· Strong leadership skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to engage well with others and be passionate about providing an exemplary customer experience.
· Familiar with automated testing tools and their purpose.
· Software and/or process development experience.
· Previous experience working in the Insurance Industry.
· Experience performing on an Agile team.
Call to talk further! #advantagetech