Advantage Tech is searching for a QA Analyst to work for their client in Kansas City, Mo.
The Quality Assurance Analyst (QAA) contributes to the development of and executes the testing methodology. The QAA will design and execute test plans based on the documentation provided by the development team and appropriate standard quality checklists maintained by the QA team.
- Working with the technical team to understand the nature of the system and project being tested.
- Analyzing and identifying system defects through functional, regression and performance testing.
- Communicating subjective and objective quality and user experience concerns.
- Maintaining relevant testing environments (operating system, browser, browser plug-ins, scripts, etc.).
- Creating and maintaining test documentation and testing plans.
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with internal departments and clients.
- Being rigorous and thorough in the evaluation of quality.
- Ability to learn new tools and technology to support test execution.
- Ability to change direction quickly based on project or business needs.
- 3+ years of experience in quality testing – – Project Lead experience
- Proven detail oriented and critical thinking skills.
- Experience with defect tracking tools, such as JIRA.
- Experience with web application load and performance testing and techniques.
- Preferred, but not required:
- Basic Unix shell knowledge – able to find, view, monitor log files.
- Experience with building automated test plans and procedures.
- Experience with SQL – able to connect to, understand schema and query databases.
- Experience working in an Agency or Marketing department.