Advantage Tech is looking for a Quality Control Support candidate for our Overland Park, KS Client. This position is in office. Not remote.
The QC Technician position will be a key contributor within the organization and has the opportunity to directly support our business vision. We desires associates who want to be part of something bigger than themselves, who possess a positive attitude and who are tenacious about overcoming obstacles encountered.
We are looking for someone who is excited about improving technologies and avoiding future problems. This entry level position requires good analytical skills, attention to detail, and a basic understanding of systems and software.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work within the context of a Scrum team to recreate issues and to resolve software quality issues that arise in day-to-day operations.
- Conduct daily reviews of production artifacts to ensure quality and identify production issues.
- Maintain customer confidence and protect business operations by providing proactive resolution to errors.
- Manage issue triage process to track and resolve production issues.
- Provide help desk support for end users for a variety of systems.
- Participate in software deployment by testing and logging issues.
- Provide backup support to software system administrators.
- Maintain system procedure and support documentation as needed.
- 1-3 years of experience in an IT department or related field. Bachelor's Degree is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Strong time management, initiative and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office365 Suite including Excel and Word.
- Experience in planning and performing functional testing is a plus.
- Experience within the insurance and brokerage industry is a plus.
- Some off-shift support may be required.
OTHER SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Provides customer service and adheres to the Company's philosophies.
- Promotes teamwork and communication between departments and work groups.
- Ability to learn new systems and concepts quickly, building a strong repertoire of business and technical knowledge.
- Maintains awareness of new system procedures, processes, software capabilities and other technological advances with potential impact.