Advantage Tech is looking for a Release Manager for out Kansas City, MO Client.
Owns the Release Management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating, management, and deployment of releases across the enterprise for multiple applications across various portfolios.
• Provide tools and services to help IT and project teams manage and deploy release in a structured and controlled process.
• Responsible for implementing and managing release processes for code through development, test, and production environments.
• Release Manager Job function works collaboratively with all participants in software development projects and supports project teams with setup of environments and deployment processes and tools.
• Works with IT management to improve the software engineering processes and practices associated with continuously building, deploying, and updating software and environments.
• Understands interdependencies between applications to plan for potential impacts to other systems.
Plan the release windows and cycles across a portfolio within the Release Calendar.
Manage risks and mitigation plans for all releases.
Work with Program Managers, Project Managers, or IT Managers to plan the content of a release and identify interdependencies between systems.
Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews, as well as facilitating go/no-go meetings prior to release.
Produce Deployment Plans for each application to outline processes and procedures taken for each deployment. Monitor deployments to ensure they adhere to the deployment plan.
Owns and manages IT Release calendar to provide visibility to all upcoming application releases.
Creates and maintains the release checklist for each application.
Creates, maintains and distributes the release notes for each application.
Provide weekly release report to stakeholders.
Plan and coordinate all release activities and resources.
Tools Client Uses:
Microsoft Azure DevOps
Release Process and Deployment Plan Documentation
Education and Experience Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
• 5 years experience in release management of multiple large applications and systems
• Experience in information systems operations environment in systems analysis or development
• Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
• Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills
• Full understanding and experience with Microsoft Azure
• Experience in a SCRUM/Agile environment
Advantage Tech is proud to be recognized as Kansas City Business Journal’s #1 locally owned IT staffing firm. We are passionate about delivering world-class service and value to our consultants and clients.
Please visit www.advantagetech.net to learn more about our culture, benefits and career opportunities.