Advantage Tech is looking for a Research & Testing Specialist for our Grandview, Mo Client.
The R&D Product Research department develops product innovations for market by the Company building brands through research in the construction market place, consultation with Company customers (Builders), and experimentation, creation and testing of potential solutions
The Research and Testing Specialist for Electronics and Data Acquisition Systems maintains computers/ office electronics, IT servers/systems, communications equipment/systems, and alarm & building entry control systems for the Grandview site, as well as providing electronics systems application and maintenance for testing activities.
Systems Specialist for the computer and communications networks at the Research Center; including maintenance of servers and individual associates’ computer hardware/software
Maintain/support electronics for Grandview building systems (alarm, building entry control system, mechanical controls, etc.); assist in upkeep of electronic equipment in materials lab
Manage electronic testing and data acquisition equipment (calibrations, maintenance/repair, replacement) for guarded Hot box, uplift testing fixture, and other testing activities
Preparation/installation of electronic instrumentation (thermocouples, displacement sensors, etc.) to assemblies for all GHB & uplift tests; assist in development & implementation of electronics necessary for new tests/apparatus as required
Maintain data/documentation for Guarded Hot Box Quality system; participate in all audits / assessments of Guarded Hot Box program as necessary to retain program certification
Maintenance of online Builder tools (U-Facts, e-Valuate, SkyCalc)
- Reliability of Grandview IT and communications networks
- Compliance with systems policies and procedures
- Reliability of testing equipment and accuracy of test results
- Viability of associates’ computers and online Builder tools
- Identify and purchase parts/equipment required for maintaining testing systems
- Place requisitions for new hardware/software for approved projects
- Schedule security/alarm system inspections and fire alarm drills
- Make recommendations for equipment replacement/upgrades
- Research and Testing Group
- Product Excellence Group
- Information systems/communications managers and support personnel
- Vendors for software, electronics, test equipment, and calibration services
- IT & Security Services Consultants
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software suite, capability with software offerings
- Good Interpersonal and Communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to manage the computer network and communication systems
- Understanding of building security systems, i.e. alarms, card access and controlled entry
- Ability to create models/prototypes and construct test specimens – use basic fabrication tools
- Ability to construct and deploy electronics and data acquisition systems for product testing
- Basic understanding of electricity, hydraulics, refrigeration, and thermal analysis
- WITTS – Drive for Results, Self-Development, Intellectual Horsepower, Broad Functional and Technical Skills, Learning on the Fly, Time Management, Comfort Around Higher Management
- Technology-focused Associate’s Degree or equivalent educational certificate/diploma
- 5years of experience in information technology systems and electronics
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Technology, or Science
- Specialized training and/or certification(s) in computer language and/or IT/electronics systems
- Experience in Building Design & Construction
Advantage Tech is proud to be recognized as Kansas City Business Journal’s #1 locally owned IT staffing firm. We are passionate about delivering world-class service and value to our consultants and clients.
Please visit www.advantagetech.net to learn more about our culture, benefits and career opportunities.