Advantage Tech is seeking a Revenue Specialist for an awesome client in the Overland Park area.
I. JOB SUMMARY –
Apply accurate charges to all freight bills in a timely manner. Utilize knowledge of tariffs and freight classifications to verify pricing applications.
II. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES –
1. Classify freight, verify pricing application, assess accessorial charges, and ensure proper division of revenue on interlines shipments.
2. Process bill change requests in accordance with guidelines.
3. Provide support for priority requests.
4. Develop an understanding of the interpretation and application of various tariffs and various publications to determine the correct method of applying freight charges.
5. Review audit corrections and resolve discrepancies.
6. Identify system errors and review work procedures for improvement.
III. REQUIREMENTS –
1. Ability to assess situation and make good decisions quickly.
2. Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
3. Experience in computer applications; type 35 words per minute.
4. High School graduate or equivalent.
IV. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS –
1. Knowledge of National Master Freight Classification and tariff publications.
2. College coursework in business, transportation, or computer sciences.
3. PC experience.