Advantage Tech is looking for a Revenue Specialist to join their Overland Park based client. This is a contract to support the billing process and work through some backlog.
The Revenue Specialist performs complex actives associated with maintaining accurate and complete revenue generation, and accounts receivable. Under general supervision, performs revenue/accounting functions. Assist in preparation of monthly revenue and accounts receivable reports. Ensure eligibility is verified regularly and accurately maintained and followed up accordingly to prevent lost revenue. Position requires to support the Sites with system data entry and audit admission documents, change of level of care, and discharge. Position requires to reimburse the Facility invoicing in timely fashion.
- Tracks, reviews and sends out daily Facility invoices for reimbursement payments to A/P.
- Tracks and reviews reports for trend analysis.
- Assist and audit with weekly and monthly reports.
- Assist with monthly closings.
- Communicates discrepancies or problems to other departments. Researches and resolves accounting inquiries.
- Generate the Sites weekly/monthly revenue.
- Track, submit, and follow up on prior/retro authorize with Insurance Payors.
- Abides by and demonstrates the company Mission – Vision – Values through both behavior and job performance on a day-to-day basis.
- Ensure accuracy patient/client billing data, nursing home rates, level of care, per diem, and fee for service charges, verify discharge and admission data.
- Coordinates, reviews, and analyzes documentation and data entry supporting Medicare, Medicaid, and commercial payer requirements to ensure accurate and timely billing.
- Confirms or ensures the accuracy of the data entry in Horizon verses the admission consent forms information.
- Maintains authorize function to ensure that all necessary information is secured for timely accurate payment. This includes eligibility, insurance verification, authorizations, certification and recertification, state required documentation for Medicaid and Room and Board payment.
- Maintains the bill hold report and continually reviews the prior month bill hold to resolve outstanding items on the report that prevent billing.
- Responsible to resolve all per diem and recurring charge batches in Enter Services.
- Responsible to follow up on the expectation reports bi-weekly.
- Responsible to re-verify all active patients’ insurance eligibility and PSOC/Spenddown monthly.
- Ensures all internal controls and related policies/procedures are implemented and followed in accordance to the accounts receivable requirements.
- Ensures all payer requirements are met accordingly, including pre-cert requirements, notification requirements, and level of care change required documents.
- Assists and responds timely to all Centralized locations and AR Support Team requests.
- Alerts appropriate team members at the Site regarding late or missing documents required for billing.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with Sites, Nursing Home Facilities, and AR Teams.
- Maintains the confidentiality of patient/client and agency information at all times.
- Maintains accurate and up to date information for all vendor and nursing facility contracts. Keeps information in an orderly manner readily accessible for review. Presents status as requested Assures for compliance with local, state and federal laws, Medicare regulations, and established company policies and procedures.
- Regular attendance is to be maintained.
- Adheres to a code of conduct conducive with the Company’s policy is expected.
- Meets or exceeds delivery of Company Service Standards in a consistent fashion.
- Skilled in the use of computers and the Microsoft Office and excel applications.
- SAP and/or HealthCare System knowledge is a plus.
- Demonstrates organizational skills.
- Demonstrates good customer skills with good customer support.
- Works under the pressure of deadlines.
- Ability to follow process procedures.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.