The SAP Business Analyst will provide ongoing support, primarily using SAP expertise, provide global support as requested and create reports as needed using SAP BW and ABAP program language.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze business requirements and work closely with users on development, configuration, and implementation of SAP applications, including customization, to fit business needs
- Collaborate and consult with international colleagues and external service providers to deliver highly dependable, secure, and integrated solutions to the business
- Work closely with business users and global IT on integration of non-SAP applications with ERP system
- Translate business requirements into functional and technical scope and specifications
- Identify opportunities and deliver system improvements and operational efficiencies to meet technical and business demands
- Regularly liaise with users to provide system support, user training, and promote IT services
- Communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Serve as a key member on a global SAP team providing qualified support and consultancy services for MULTIVAC Group worldwide; and participate in global SAP roll-outs and other global projects
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Business, or related field and a minimum of five years of direct SAP experience with demonstrable experience in MM, SD, and FI/CO (listed in order of importance).
- Strong technical, functional, and configuration knowledge in MM, SD, & FI/CO modules required.
- Experience in PP, PS, EWM, CRM/CS is a plus.
- Ability to manage projects independently required. Experience in make-to-order production environments preferred.
Language Ability: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of organization.
Math Ability: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should possess a thorough understanding of the value flows in SAP. Strong technical, functional, and configuration knowledge in MM, SD, & FI/CO modules required (listed in order of importance). Proficiency in Microsoft products including Office365, MS-SQL, and SharePoint; and strong working knowledge of ERP systems required. Programming skills (ABAP, Fiori) are a plus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The associate must occasionally lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The associate is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.