Our KCMO client is seeking an experienced SAFe Scrum Master to join their team. This role is focused on change management, process improvement and Agile/SAFe transformation. The individual must have a proven track record of supporting highly complex information technology projects through cross-functional teams using an Agile/SAFe methodology. This position is looking for a leader that can enable the team to work as effectively as possible and delivery priorities identified by the product owner. Assists in removing roadblocks and issues that slow down the team’s progress, while guiding the team to improve their processes and practices. You will be a part of the Supervision and Risk Management (SRM) Agile PMO team of Scrum Masters, Project Managers, and Release Train Engineers.
• Enacts Scrum principles and methodologies as the Scrum Master (SM) on projects and programs in partnership with other SMs, the Development Team, the Product Owner, and Project Leadership.
• Ensures adherence to Agile/Scrum values, principles, and practices.
• Collaborates with other SMs within the project to identify dependencies, manage conflicts, and drive success of individual sprints as well as the overall project.
• Identifies dependencies, manages conflicts, and drives success of individual sprints, as well as the overall project.
• Ensures that the team is fully functional and productive by building and maintaining the product road map and release plan based on the priorities set by the Product Owner and input from the team.
• Directs the work of project team members and guides team in prioritizing work based upon knowledge of customer requirements, project schedule, and various dependencies.
• Addresses and escalates issues, impediments, and roadblocks and proposes solutions.
• Assists with internal and external communications, improving transparency and radiating information.
• Builds a safe and trusting environment where conflicts are managed in a healthy way without fear or blame.
• Facilitates and/or ensures Agile/SAFe ceremonies are conducted and embraced in order to drive agile development; secures agile team working agreements.
• Works with the Product Owner to ensure that goals, scope, and product domain are understood and practiced.
• Ensures the team understands the need for clear and concise Product Backlog items.
• Finds techniques for effective Product Backlog management by leading the team through long-term roadmap exercises, forecasting long-term project deliverables.
• Ensures the Product Owner knows how to arrange the Product Backlog to maximize value. Leads and coaches the organization in Agile/Scrum.
• Leads and coaches the organization in Agile/Scrum.
• Plans Scrum implementations within the organization.
• Assists employees and stakeholders with implementing Agile/Scrum and empirical product development.
• 6+ years of relevant experience.
• Bachelor’s degree specializing in computer science, project management, business administration, or information technology from an accredited college or university, or equivalent combination of directly related education and/or experience.
• Strong knowledge of multiple Agile development methodologies, frameworks, principles and practices.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to articulate and explain complex technical concepts to non-technical individuals, and to determine and implement reporting and communication strategies. Skilled at negotiating commitments among various stakeholders and possesses strong meeting facilitation skills.
• Works independently; accountable for leading sprints and driving the team to overall success by enacting Agile/Scrum practices and principles.
• Possesses thorough knowledge or mastery of Agile/Scrum principles to recommend and negotiate product direction. Utilizes knowledge of latest trends related to information technology and Scrum to identify and apply qualitative and quantitative best practices and tools for Scrum execution and management.
• Strong to excellent analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills, including ability to effectively customize approach based upon business problem, technology requirements, complexity, and scale, as well as effectively manage shifting priorities, demands, and timelines. Offers and implements creative solutions to resolve problems involving product direction, deliverables, resources allocations, and budget implications.
• At least 1 year of SAFe implementation and/or Program Increment Planning experience preferred.
• Experience with JIRA, Confluence, Rally, MS Teams, Microsoft Project, Visio, Office Tools, and various software/agile tools.
• Project Management Professional (CSM, SSM, SA, SASM, PMP, PMI-ACP) or equivalent certification.