Advantage Tech is searching for a Software Development in Test Engineer to join their client in Kansas City, Mo.
This Software Development in Test Engineer (SDET) will develop the organizations testing methodologies and strategies delivering best practices to a rapidly growing company. This SDET is the first testing position for the company and an important part of a very senior team. The intent is for this key resource to provide vision and guidance in the implementation of modern testing methodologies.
- Partner with the software, operations and product team to write functional performance and security tests based on design and requirements.
- Responsible for increasing code coverage across our entire codebase by designing and implementing tests for RESTful web services, client-side user interfaces as well as platform security and performance.
- Utilize unit and integration testing to ensure software quality by participating in code reviews and contributing unit tests to ensure that our customers receive quality software.
- Assist to ensure our software is resilient to cyber-attacks, performs at scale, and recovers gracefully in disaster situations.
- Four-year degree in Computer Science or related field
- Effective time management and communication skills
- Continuous learner approach with the ability to quickly pick up and apply new technologies
- Solid understanding of software development concepts
- Knowledge of modern testing frameworks and tools such as: Karma, Jasmine, Protractor.js, and Postman
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle best practices, Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Familiarity with web development techniques, including RESTful web services and single page applications.
Nice to Have Experience:
- Experience building and managing test methodologies and strategies integrated with a CI/CD delivery pipeline
- Containerization using Docker
- Experience creating mock server
- Familiar with Amazon Web Services
- Knowledge of GIS and Spatial Data