Advantage Tech is seeking a Security Administrator for a 3-month contract with a great partner organization in Lee’s Summit, MO.
This individual will serve as user access administrator on the Cyber security & Information Security (CSIS) Team. Responsible for day-to-day management of user access including the user add/change/delete processes, managing user passwords, managing security parameters, defining and maintaining role-based access, and assisting with periodic access reviews.
- Performs security administration on various systems and applications (e.g., SQL, Web, Active Directory, Citrix, Mobile Devices, physical access, etc.).
- Grants access in accordance with GEHA policy, established standards and procedures.
- Perform analysis of requests for potential risk prior to access.
- Troubleshoots security system access issues.
- Answers questions regarding information security practices or security access.
- Participates in internal and external audit support activities. Performs activities to resolve open audit issues.
- Interface with CSIS management and staff to identify access control risk issues.
- Follows processes and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Reports suspicious activities or non-compliance access rights to management.
- Prepares ad-hoc reports in support of various initiatives.
- Maintain individual records for departmental metric reporting.
- Communicates project progress status and issues to manager.
- Recommends procedural changes to enhance the functionality of the CSIS team.
- Identifies opportunities to automate or streamline current processes.
- Communicates with global peers across Information Security, Risk and Compliance and Information Technology focusing on service delivery improvements and increasing productivity.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree (120 credit hours) in computer science or a related discipline.
- Requires three years’ experience in Information Technology, Security, or related area.
- Additional years of qualifying work experience may be considered in lieu of formal education.
- Requires flexible work shifts including on-call, overtime and weekends.
- Requires customer service skills focused and detail oriented.