Advantage Tech is looking for a Security Analyst for our Mission, KS client.
The Technology and Innovation organization is responsible for providing world-class security, compliance and governance of our data assets and devices including implementing the security standards, best practices, and systems necessary to ensure the protection and confidentiality of those assets.
This analyst must possess strong technical knowledge of information systems, IT security practices and technologies, the use of established IT security controls and methods, and a working knowledge of policy issues and concerns related to IT security and privacy and the relevant law.
The incumbent must also possess excellent communication skills and the ability to develop and maintain effective interpersonal relationships with managers, internal and external technical staff, and representatives of outside agencies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Research and stay informed of potential information security threats, industry trends, emerging technologies, and response alternatives.
· Maintain, manage, and monitor compliance with security control frameworks such as HIPAA, PCI, and other federal law.
· Assist with recommendations for security improvements and tool acquisition to Senior Management.
· Knowledge of information security audit and assessment methodologies, policies, standards, procedures, and best practices.
· Collaborate on critical technology projects to ensure that security issues are addressed throughout the project life cycle.
· Conduct research and provide insight to identify, assess, and deploy security technology solutions and through vendors, including but not limited to encryption, firewalls, authorization, authentication, intrusion detection, and gateway security controls.
· Weigh business needs against security concerns to articulate issues and recommend options.
· Participate in the design, development, and delivery of security training programs and individual classes.
· Manage the relationship with our third-party Managed Security Service Provider.
· College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or information security and 5 years work experience.
· Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or similar certification
· Strong understanding of information security controls, risks, and threats.
· Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
Advantage Tech is proud to be recognized as Kansas City Business Journal’s #1 locally owned IT staffing firm. We are passionate about delivering world-class service and value to our consultants and clients.
Please visit www.advantagetech.net to learn more about our culture, benefits and career opportunities.