Advantage Tech is looking to hire an Infrastructure Security Engineer for a client of ours in the Olathe/Lenexa area.
Title: Infrastructure Security Engineer
Location: Kansas City Metro
Reporting Structure: Reports to the Manager of Systems and Network
- Develop and implement a standardize automated patch management process for all data centers.
- Assist the Incident Responses team with SIEM engineering.
- Provide backup support to the Incident Responses team.
- Analyze and design innovative technologies/services to address complex security issues.
- Conduct risk assessments for legacy and new production instances.
- Participate in design reviews of new infrastructure to ensure adherence with ISO 27001 and SOC 2.
- Participate in the deployment and administration of anti-virus solutions to all corporate servers and endpoints.
- Install, monitor and administrate e-Mail gateway.
- Identify and remediate electronic security risks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent training/certification.
- 3+ years of working experience as an Infrastructure Security Engineer or Systems Engineer.
- 2+ years of working experience with Rapid 7.
- 2+ years of working experience with Proofpoint and Barracuda E-Mail gateway.
- 2+ years of working experience with CrowdStrike and Symantec anti-virus solutions.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of the integration of AWS with fundamental Information Security methodologies for both architectural review and implementation.
- Strong knowledge of Windows and Linux environments.
- Proven history of drafting and promoting security policy with all levels of business stakeholders.
- Experience and detailed technical knowledge of security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security.
- An in depth understanding of Microsoft operating systems, including all versions of Windows server from 2008, Windows 10.
- Detailed knowledge of core server technologies and domain configuration and management, including DNS, DHCP, AD and GPO.
- Experience in Domain Trusts, Active Directory Federation.
- Good understanding of SAN architecture and implementation.
- Experience in managing remote infrastructure across multiple time zones.
- Detailed understanding of Hyper-V, VMWare and SAN technologies.
- Excellent knowledge of Office 365 security/migration/integration.
- Expertise in SQL, SCCM, Ivanti.
- Good understanding of PowerShell / VB Scripting.
- Expertise in intrusion detection, firewalls and content filtering.
- Knowledgeable with disaster recovery, computer forensic tools, technologies and methods.
- Detailed knowledge of industry standards and best practice.
- The job may require occasional travel to remote sites located globally.
- Some activities may require evening or weekend work to be undertaken in support of the IT network.
- Must be willing to participate in a federal security vetting process