Are you looking for a new opportunity to join a great company? Advantage Tech is looking for a talented individual to join our client’s team in expanding their Engineering and Platform Security function. Applicants will investigate and remediate vulnerabilities for various technology endpoints, and work to secure critical and sensitive information on a daily basis.
- Resolves incoming vulnerability alerts through automated and manual patching.
- Completes task reviews and resolves issues with endpoints.
- Performs simple to moderate scripting tasks, including software packaging.
- Responds to proactive and reactive client health indicators in real-time to improve environment health.
- Performs triage and ticketing support for vulnerabilities.
- Ensures network and endpoint security by providing assistance with, and configuration of, applications and agents.
- Performs review of related controls to ensure proper safeguards are in place.
- Partners with business areas to understand their business functions for consideration of patching impacts.
- Performs activities related to assigned projects and services in order to maintain the security posture of client’s assets.
- Reviews work processes to identify, design, and implement improvements in procedures for increased efficiency and effectiveness.
- Recommends improved enhancements, and interprets and addresses requests and concerns.
- Develops, maintains, and implements department standard operating policies and procedures.
- Participates on workgroups and awareness activities.
- Stays current on new and emerging technologies.
- High school diploma or GED required. Associate’s degree from a two-year college or technical school with specialization in an information technology field, or equivalent combination of experience, education and/or certification preferred.
- Beginner knowledge of scripting and PowerShell required, intermediate preferred.
- Typically requires two to four years of relevant information technology or security experience.
- Oral and written communication skills, as well as the ability to convey technical and security related issues to business audience.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and prioritization skills to handle multiple priorities.
- Able to work with a team as well as diverse workgroups on information security risk assessments, exceptions and remediation.
- Able to implement new processes to improve security and compliance.
- General project management skills.
Knowledge of the following:
- Network and endpoint security, endpoint troubleshooting, IP networking concepts.
- Common operating systems such as Windows, Linux/Unix, iOS, and Mac OS.
- Vulnerability assessment and vulnerability management methodologies.
- Industry and client security regulations.