Advantage Tech is looking for a Senior Accountant to join a great organization based in KCMO.
To provide support to the Bank’s accounting function and CFO by providing critical financial reporting and analysis, including analysis of budget vs. actual variances. To serve as the primary accounting contact for the Bank’s residential lending division and IT function, including preparation of monthly financial reporting. To serve as a liaison with the Bank’s external auditors. To improve efficiencies of the Accounting department by performing process reviews, preparing documentation, and implementing process improvement initiatives, as required.
- Coordinate the preparation of the annual non-interest income and non-interest expense budgets and quarterly financial forecasts, including preparation and analysis for quarterly budget vs. actual reporting.
- Assist with the monthly close process, including preparation of monthly profitability report for the mortgage banking division.
- Preparation of monthly budget vs. actual reporting for the Bank’s IT function
- Provide support for IT leadership related to cost structure and project investment.
- Assist with preparation of the bank’s quarterly external reporting, including reporting to OCC, FRB, and OTC Markets
- Assist with preparation of the annual report to shareholders, including various footnotes and schedules.
- Assist with research and implementation of technical accounting issues.
- Assist with the Banks’ external audit, including preparing of various schedules related to both financial statement and tax return preparation.
- Interface with executive/senior management re. various financial topics
What you offer us
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in accounting
- CPA certification strongly preferred (Graduate degree in management or accounting in lieu of CPA).
- 5+ years accounting experience, emphasis in finance or banking preferred.
- Public accounting experience is preferred (a minimum of 3 years public accounting experience is ideal).
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective management/supervisory skills
- Ability to recognize inadequate processes or internal controls and implement necessary changes.
- Ability to reconcile general ledger accounts and assist with the resolution of outstanding items.
- Must have good organization and documentation skills and the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to acquire working knowledge of accounting and banking software.
- In-depth knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Experience with accounting and financial statement preparation for financial services companies preferred.
- Knowledge of OCC regulatory reporting and banking taxation requirements preferred.
- Experience with general ledge functions, including month-end/year-end close process.
- Analytical skills to solve problems in accounting systems and compile accurate management and regulatory reports.
- Significant knowledge of Microsoft Excel and the administration of accounting software