This is a highly challenging role focused on interacting with various stakeholders, including subject matter experts, executives, operational users, etc. and technical staff to analyze, elicit, and document requirements associated with defined system scope and objectives for technical solutions. Highest levels partner with previous audiences to establish project vision and drive scope, including determination of appropriate technology solutions. The team is looking for a strong partner that can enable the team and product owner to work as effectively as possible and delivery on value and quality.
- Maintains a current and thorough working knowledge of the application and its business uses.
- Takes ownership for the content and understanding of the requirements throughout the project to ensure project benefits are realized.
- Analyzes requirements using a variety of techniques including interviews, structured analysis, business process analysis, and reverse-engineering of existing systems or processes.
- Takes ownership of the Planning process to guide and lead the process forward at an appropriate pace.
- Drives the interpretation of business objectives and system scope from the stakeholders to the developers; provides input on scope management and resolves issues related to the impact of changes to scope.
- Recommends improvements to processes or technical solutions to resolve identified gaps or underlying issues.
- Selects and/or recommends appropriate artifacts and processes to be used to best suit the project’s needs.
- Reviews artifacts and final requirements and obtains final endorsement from stakeholders.
- Works with developers, stakeholders, and senior management to coordinate resolution of issues related to functionality that does not meet intended requirements. Negotiates commitments by facilitating communication between developers and stakeholders at various levels of the organization.
- Compiles metrics and reports on progress of requirements development to project team.
- Provides thought leadership on business analysis approaches and provides mentoring to junior staff.
- Works independently; coordinates project based activities by assigning and reviewing work, and balancing workloads. Leads and influences junior staff, peers outside of unit, and stakeholders.
- Typically leads development of requirements for highly complex and visible projects. Accountable for execution and/or success of requirements for overall project. Reviews and recommends actions based on broad perspective to ensure full identification and resolution of potential conflicts and risks among business processes and/or technical systems.
- Strong ability to understand concepts or problems from the business perspective to effectively guide the analysis and development of requirements, and define appropriate solutions.
- Applies excellent understanding of SDLC, including how it relates to the various software development methodologies and processes (e.g., agile, RUP, waterfall, scrum) to deliver functionality. Understands complex technical concepts.
- Bachelor’s degree specializing in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and related experience required.
- Five to seven years business analysis experience with elicitation, defining scope, creating documentation, and collaborating with technical staff.
- Proficient computer skills in programs including, but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, Internet, and e-mail programs.
- Excellent analytical ability.
- Ability to drive and influence a team environment.
- Nature of interaction with contacts includes ability to influence and negotiate. Possesses high level of credibility with developers and stakeholders. Offers excellent customer service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including excellent meeting facilitation skills. Completion of business analysis training courses and business analysis certified preferred.
- SAFe/Agile/Scrum experience preferred
- TDD/BDD, JIRA and Confluence experience preferred.