Advantage Tech is looking for a Senior Data Governance Modeler for our Kansas City, MO Client.
This is an exciting opportunity to serve in an innovative and integral role within the Analytic Center of Excellence (ACOE) Enterprise Data Governance team. This role has a direct impact on maturing the organization forward; toward a data driven culture. As a liaison to other disciplines and programs across the organization, this role will collect and align policies, standards, and procedures to further enable data governance capabilities. Leveraging technology, this role will be responsible for overseeing the organization's Business, Data, and Technical Assets through the management of an Enterprise Business Glossary and Data Catalog. This position offers an opportunity for thought leadership in bringing forward innovative and automated solutions to managing the life cycle of data assets and improving data quality across the organization.
· Lead and execute on data governance activities and initiatives in alignment with the organization’s Data Governance Program
· Advocate and articulate the value of data governance while providing education and training to the enterprise community, including data stewards and data consumers
· Help drive adoption of data ownership, data stewardship, and data governance processes across the organization
· Facilitate and coordinate collaboration with data stewards to help define enterprise business terms and assist with bringing resolution to data quality concerns and issues
· Work directly with business partners to establish enterprise business data domains, ownership, and stewardship
· Collaborate with data stewards, data owners, and data consumers to establish best practices, processes, and procedures in support of GEHA’s Enterprise Business Glossary and Data Catalog
· Mentor and coach junior analysts on data governance disciplines and best practices
· Assist with establishing and supporting KPIs, metrics, and measurements to monitor data quality and data governance maturity
· Help drive organizational adoption of the data governance tool suite (erwin) by providing user documentation, training, and demos to ensure proper usage and adherence to processes and procedures
· Identify, create, and/or support data policy to ensure the organizations data and usage is compliant with regulation, compliance, and security standards
· Assist in the creation and implementation of the erwin data governance suite user guides and procedures
· Manage the administration of the erwin tool suite and partner with product vendor to guide and ensure proper usage of the products functionality and maximize GEHA’s usage of the capabilities within the product
· Partner with both the business and technical SMEs to help establish relationships between business assets, such as business terms, and data or technical assets, such as policy and reports, and assist with the documentation of data movement and data lineage of enterprise data assets
· Establish procedures to document and curate data assets, including classifying mastered and reference data, identifying the authoritative source (golden record), and what and where sensitive data resides
· Facilitate and document data ownership roles, including elements, definitions, transformations, calculations, etc. to the appropriate functional Data Steward(s), ensuring all key participants are granted appropriate input rights. May help lower levels associates by reviewing or advising on their work.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare, Management Information Systems, Computer Science or a related field.
• 7+ years’ experience with Data Management/Data Analytics in a healthcare environment including 2-4 years’ experience of data analysis, data modeling, data mapping and profiling utilizing tools such as SQL.
• Advanced knowledge and experience in data governance framework and principles, including the development and management of data policy, process work flows, and procedural documentation. best practices and data quality processes, including defining and leading organizational change to align with these practices.
• Advanced knowledge of Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence concepts.
• Understanding and familiarity with healthcare insurance data.
• Experience and hands on knowledge of master and reference data management.
• Hands on experience developing and implementing in data governance platforms such as erwin, Collibra, Informatica, etc.
Advantage Tech is proud to be recognized as Kansas City Business Journal’s #1 locally owned IT staffing firm. We are passionate about delivering world-class service and value to our consultants and clients.
Please visit www.advantagetech.net to learn more about our culture, benefits and career opportunities.