Advantage Tech is looking for a Senior Developer for our Overland Park, KS Client.
This position requires someone whose mind and skills are strong, and someone with a commitment to continuous learning and experimentation to keep them that way. This role also requires the ability to communicate and collaborate clearly with internal departments as well as with consultants and third-party contributors from outside the company.
This role is an important contributor in the realization of our ambitious business objectives to build out a robust cloud-based insurance services platform. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, motivated, results-driven, flexible, detail-oriented, and collaborative. Our fast-paced environment has a supportive culture that values autonomy, initiative, and personal accountability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Collaborates as part of a high functioning team, including technical and of non-technical team members
- Support the technical design process by participating or leading the analysis of technical application requirements, ensuring product/project requirements are satisfied in the process
- Designing, Coding and testing of program modules
- Maintaining, tuning, and repairing applications
- Documents software for the purpose of maintainability, making revisions to processes and procedures as needed
- Follows coding best-practices and maintains corporate data integrity, reliability, and security
- Researches, proposes, and develops new features to increase speed and product performance
- Learns user functions, business processes, and organizational roles as required
- Establishes and maintains relationships and interfaces with clients, consultants, and other third-party vendors
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field, or relevant combination of experience and education
- Demonstrates leadership abilities: success leading projects, assisting in work prioritization and delegating tasks, encouraging collaboration amongst the team, and communicating effectively
- Ensure development guidelines, best practices (coding and security), and SOLID principles are adhered to by all members of the development team
- Mentor other developers and associates when the opportunity arises
- Understand team dynamics, and leverage other department resources (e.g., BA, QA, etc.) for delivering functional, bug-free applications
- Proven experience as a Technical Architect, understanding strategic IT solutions, and spearheading the use of new technology where practical
- Experience deploying applications into Docker containers, or at minimum understands container architecture and how to use it effectively
- 6+ years .Net (C# specifically) programming experience, with expert understanding of Object-oriented programming principles
- Extensive experience with Service Oriented Architecture, including Microservices and RESTful WEB API services
- Exceptional ability to troubleshoot (debug) software and hardware issues
- SQL Server database design and implementation experience, Transact SQL (T-SQL), Views, Object-Relational Mapping tools (e.g., Entity Framework), and Stored Procedures
- Experience with the following technologies:
- Visual Studio .NET 2019, .NET Framework 4.7+
- Web Application Development
- Experience with GIT, TFS, or other version control solutions
- Proven ability to create and modify unit tests relevant to solution being developed
- Experience developing in a cloud-based environment (preferably Microsoft Azure)
- Knowledge of Scrum or other Agile methodologies
Advantage Tech is proud to be recognized as Kansas City Business Journal’s #1 locally owned IT staffing firm. We are passionate about delivering world-class service and value to our consultants and clients.
Please visit www.advantagetech.net to learn more about our culture, benefits and career opportunities.