Advantage Tech is seeking a Senior IT Auditor for one of our clients in the Kansas City area.
Lead all types of audit attentions, special reviews, and project coverage of the IT functions of the company. May also lead or assist on audit attentions of operational functions of the company.
Assist or lead audits, special reviews, and/or project coverage by performing the following tasks: assess risks associated with business area; establish audit scope and objectives; develop audit programs and assign resources; manage timelines; provide direction to audit assists through workpaper review and written and verbal feedback; maintain ongoing communications with the audit team, audit management, and client management; determine and communicate audit issues and recommendations to client management; determine if internal controls and processes are effective, and develop the overall audit opinion; and, prepare written audit reports.
Prepare accurate, well-written work papers and audit observations for auditor-in-charge and/or audit management that are in compliance with Division policies and procedures and the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
Other key activities include: complete assigned work on audit attentions and other projects within established time; utilize automated audit tools to complete assigned audit work; conduct special projects important to the Audit Division or the District in meeting established goals and objectives; and, perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in closely related field, or an equivalent combination of education and/or directly related work experience.
- At least two years of IT internal audit or relevant IT business experience; four or more years experience preferred.
- Certification is preferred (required for Senior IT Auditor III) in one or more of the following: Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), or Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Additional screenings may be required based on level of access.