Senior Manager, Workday Financials
Job Title: Senior Manager, Workday Financials
On Site (Leawood, KS)
Advantage Tech is hiring! We are looking for a qualified individual to join our client company based in Leawood. This position will lead the charge in optimizing accounting technology functions and financial reporting. Your role will encompass a diverse range of responsibilities, from utilizing your Workday report writing skills and maintaining Workday Foundation Data Model (FDM), to collaborating cross-functionally and transforming the business with automation and adopting best practices to ensure efficiently.
- Support the Workday Financials system across all modules including: Financial Accounting (including Intercompany), Banking & Settlement, Procurement, Supplier Accounts, Business Assets, Employee Expenses, Projects, and Reporting
- Collaborate with team leads/controllers to appropriately design, execute and test system solutions to improve accounting & finance processes.
- Ownership of Workday FDM structure, ensuring modification and enhancement requests are tracked and authorized with applicable approval and subsequently made timely and accurately.
- Understanding around Workday’s FDM and ability to apply knowledge via calculated fields, condition rules, and other configuration to solve business challenges,
- Thorough understanding of the correlation between FDM changes, such as effective dated changes to hierarchies and cost center objects, and its impact to reporting models.
- Design, develop, configure, and test complex Workday reports (advanced, matrix, composite) utilizing Workday Report Writer.
- Perform reporting audits to ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance.
- Partner with IT to manage the uptake, testing, and implementation of new features associated with Workday’s semi-annual feature releases.
- Produce timely and clear documentation, training, and knowledge sharing on Workday processes and best practices both within the systems team and to the broader finance organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting, management, information systems, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5 – 7 years of related work experience with increasing levels of responsibilities
- 2+ years experience with Workday Financials in an implementation, financial reporting or administration role
- High level of initiative and self-motivation with strong attention to details
- Ability to learn technology quickly through instruction and self-training.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with people in financial and non-financial roles
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information