Advantage tech is looking for a Senior Mortgage Underwriter to join their well established partner organization based in KC,MO.
- Analyze and underwrite all mortgage, home equity, and home equity line of credit applications
- Review property appraisals to ensure adherence to Bank’s Appraisal policy
- Analyze credit reports on borrowers
- Examine title reports for clear title
- Evaluate applicants income, credit, and collateral and recommend loan approvals, declines or counter offers
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of Federal Regulations and Guidelines, HFS lending policies
- Ability to understand and meet bank’s Credit Management policies
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and related lending software
- High School diploma and some level of higher education attained.
- Five years’ experience as FHA DE Underwriter & VA SAR
- Five years’ experience working with FHLMC/FNMA/FHA/VA programs and guidelines, as well as other conventional investors and mortgage insurers.
- Versed in AUS with a thorough knowledge of loan underwriting and processing functions.
- Experience with consumer laws and regulations
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to make business decisions outside of standard underwriting guidelines.
- This position may require S.A.F.E. registration. All employees who will be engaged in residential mortgage originations must register with the federal registry system and maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE act requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field.
- Experience with establishing and maintaining underwriting controls.
- Knowledge of the loan application, processing, documentation, and loan selling processes.