Advantage Tech is seeking an experienced SAFe Scrum Master to join one of our clients Agile Transformation team. This is a highly challenging role focused on change management, business process reengineering, gap analysis, process improvement, and organizational change to support our Agile/SAFe transformation. The individual must have a proven track record of supporting highly complex information technology projects to fully implement Agile (primarily SAFe). The position is looking for a leader that can enable the team to work as effectively as possible and deliver priorities identified by the product owner role. Responsible for enacting Scrum principles and methodologies as the Scrum Master on projects and programs in partnership with other Scrum Masters, the Development Team, the Product Owner, and Project Leadership. Assists in removing roadblocks and issues that slow down the team’s progress, while guiding the team to improve their processess and practices. The day to day role will be dynamic, addressing multiple customer priorities.
- Serves as a Scrum Master (SM) for Scrum team(s) through guiding and coaching team(s) to follow Agile/Scrum values, principles, and practices.
- Collaborates with other SMs within the project to identify dependencies, manage conflicts, and drive success of individual sprints as well as the overall project.
- Guides the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values by supporting a self-organized team, coaching the team on self-organization practices, and increasing the effectiveness through the application of Scrum/Agile practices in the organization.
- Ensures that the team is fully functional and productive by building and maintaining the product road-map and release plan based on the priorities set by the Product Owner and input from the team.
- Enables close cooperation across all roles and functions by promoting organizational agility within the team.
- Helps remove impediments and/or guides the team to remove impediments both within the team and with external groups.
- Builds a safe and trusting environment where conflicts are managed in a healthy way without fear or blame.
- Assists with internal and external communications, improving transparency and radiating information.
- Facilitates and/or ensures Agile/SAFe ceremonies are conducted and embraced in order to drive agile development.
In service to the Product Owner:
- Ensures that goals, scope, and product domain are understood and practiced by everyone on the team.
- Finds techniques for effective Product Backlog management by leading the team through long-term roadmap exercises, forecasting long-term project deliverables.
- Ensures the team understands the need for clear and concise Product Backlog items.
- Ensures the Product Owner knows how to arrange the Product Backlog to maximize value.
In service to the Development Team:
- Leads and coaches the organization in environments in which Agile/Scrum is not yet fully adopted and understood.
- Plans Scrum implementations within the organization.
- Assists employees and stakeholders with implementing Agile/Scrum and empirical product development.
Leads change that increases the productivity of the team and ensures delivery of valuable products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field or equivalent work experience.
- Requires at least 5 years of IT work experience and at least 2 years of Agile/Scrum execution in an IT or software development setting.
- At least 1 year of SAFe implementation and/or Program Increment Planning experience preferred.
- Strong skills in JIRA or comparable Scrum-related management tool.
- Requires knowledge of multiple Agile development methodologies and frameworks.
- Demonstrated experience in leading teams.
- PMI-ACP, CSM, SSM, SA, SASM or equivalent certification preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to articulate and explain complex technical concepts to non-technical individuals, and to determine and drive reporting and communication strategies.
- Uses persuasion and tact in advising on, and influencing, project objectives and direction, as well as project team.
- Skilled at negotiating commitments among various stakeholders and possesses excellent meeting and presentation skills, which includes handling difficult and/or sensitive conversations with key stakeholders.