Advantage Tech is looking for a Software Developer for our Overland Park Client. They have an exciting product and a great platform that they have developed.
The Software Developer position is a key contributor within the organization and has the opportunity to directly enable our business vision. Our Client desires Associates who want to be part of something bigger than themselves, who possess a positive attitude and who are tenacious about overcoming obstacles encountered.
This position requires someone whose mind and skills are strong, and someone with a commitment to continuous learning and experimentation to keep them that way. This role also requires the ability to communicate and collaborate clearly with internal departments as well as with consultants and third party contributors from outside the company.
This role is an important contributor in the realization of our ambitious business objectives to build out a robust cloud-based services platform that makes it easy to integrate carriers, brokers, and third parties that will allow us to deliver a seamless buying experience.
- Collaborates as part of a high functioning team, including the ability to collaborate with members of non-technical teams
- Support the technical design process by participating in the analysis of technical application requirements, ensuring product/project requirements are satisfied in the process
- Coding and testing of program modules, assisting in design when required
- Maintaining, tuning, and repairing applications
- Documents software for the purpose of maintainability, making revisions to processes and procedures as needed
- Follows coding best-practices and maintains corporate data integrity, reliability, and security
- Researches, proposes, and develops new features to increase speed and product performance
- Learns user functions, business processes, and organizational roles as required
- Maintains awareness of new technologies and their role and/or potential within the corporate Information Technology infrastructure
- Establishes and maintains relationships and interfaces with clients, consultants, and other third-party vendors
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field, or relevant combination of experience and education
- 3+ years .Net (C# specifically) programming experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Desire to learn new technologies and strive to constantly improve personal skills
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture, building and integrating RESTful web services using Web API
- Skills in modern software design while adhering to best coding practices across the full software development life cycle
- Exceptional ability to troubleshoot (debug) software and hardware issues
- ADO.NET and/or Entity Relational Modeling including SQL Server database design and implementation experience, Transact SQL (T-SQL), Views, Object-Relational Mapping tools, and Stored Procedures
- Experience with the following technologies:
- Visual Studio .NET 2015+, .NET Framework 4.5+
- Web Application Development
- Experience with GIT, TFS, or other version control solutions
- Ability to create and modify unit tests relevant to solution being developed
- Recognize security needs for applications and apply security best practices
- Highly Desirable:
- Experience developing in a cloud-based environment (preferably Microsoft Azure)
- Knowledge of Scrum or other Agile methodologies
- Ability to analyze web application performance and recommend improvements
Advantage Tech is proud to be recognized as Kansas City Business Journal’s #1 locally owned IT staffing firm. We are passionate about delivering world-class service and value to our clients. Advantage Tech’s customized recruiting model enables us to place consultants locally and nationally. Our clients want the best candidate at the most reasonable rate within a set timeframe; that’s precisely what we provide them. We go even further. Our consultant retention program gives our clients the added comfort our people will perform well and finish the project.
Please visit advantagetech.net to learn more about our culture, benefits and career opportunities