Advantage Tech is looking for a Senior Software Engineer for or Overland Park, KS Client.
The Senior Software Engineer is engaged in all phases of the software development lifecycle which include; assisting in analyzing user/business system requirements and creating application system models. The Senior Software Engineer’s primary functions are to design, develop, document, test and debug new and existing software systems and/or applications for internal or external use, perform defect corrections (analysis, design, code). In addition, the Senior Software Engineer will participate in design meetings and interact with business stakeholders to refine, test, and debug programs to meet business needs. This is an advanced-level role occupied by those demonstrating in-depth technical within their respective areas of specialization. Incumbents work independently on complex work assignments and may determine methods and procedural approaches on new assignments. In addition, responsibilities include serving as resources to internal and third party team members on escalated technical issues, code reviews and analyzing and designing specifications for less experienced team members to execute.
- Utilizing technical expertise; Creates system requirements, performs design and analysis, and coding and unit testing of complex to highly complex system functionality and/or defect correction across multiple platforms.
- Identifies ideas to improve system performance and impact availability.
- Resolves complex technical design issues.
- Provides functional and/or technical guidance in evaluating applications systems or evaluating requests for proposals.
- Coordinates changes and influences and prioritizes tasks with business or technical departments.
- Analyzes and influences technical, system, and/or user requirements.
- Identifies and creates solutions to improve system performance and availability.
- Facilitates root cause analysis of system issues to minimize impact and future occurrences.
- Creates system documentation/play book(s) and serves as a lead technical reviewer and contributor in requirements, design and code reviews.
- Typically serves as a resource to the business.
- Analyzes and designs specifications for less experienced engineers.
- Acts as a technical resource throughout the development life cycle.
- May also actively contribute to the technical and soft skills development of team members.
- Assists team leads and management with delegation of work to cross functional and third-party team members for execution through the full development life cycle.
- Keeps management appropriately informed of progress and issues.
- Coordinates system application transition from development teams to maintenance and production teams, and/or constructs and implements necessary controls to assure system/application traceability.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, related discipline, or equivalent experience
- Experience developing and implementing scalable and secure enterprise level software
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience
- Experience with ReactJS, .Net Core and SQL
- Experience building and deploying applications on AWS
- Experience with automated build, testing and deployment processes and tooling
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Experience developing Health care technology
- Experience delivering HIPPA compliant software solutions
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with scalable agile methods
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to establish and maintain professional working relationships and a professional image with customers, peers, clinicians, and vendors
Advantage Tech is proud to be recognized as Kansas City Business Journal’s #1 locally owned IT staffing firm. We are passionate about delivering world-class service and value to our consultants and clients.
Please visit www.advantagetech.net to learn more about our culture, benefits and career opportunities.