Advantage Tech is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer for a client in the Overland Park area.
- Provide advanced technical support for each client’s server-based systems, communication systems, virtualization and storage environments and their network, including configuration, performance and security.
- Work with internal technical team to monitor and respond to events to ensure system uptime and stability.
- Ensure change control and other procedures are followed. Confirm that configuration documentation is completed when systems are deployed or modified.
- Engage and manage vendor escalations.
- Be a catalyst of positive change and an advocate for improving I.T. value to the client’s business.
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to team members to dramatically increase efficiency, I.T. maturity and to eliminate recurring issues.
- Perform project assessments, scoping and cost estimates and work in a technical pre-sales capacity as needed.
Technical Skills and Abilities
An individual must be able to perform essential skills with advanced knowledge or understanding of the following concepts:
- Operating Systems — Microsoft Windows, Linux, MacOS
- Authentication & Directory Services — Active Directory, Azure AD, MFA, etc.
- Windows System Management — Tools, Philosophies and Methods
- Antivirus/Malware and Patch Management technologies
- Collaborative Technologies — Microsoft Exchange, Office365, Skype, Zoom, etc.
- Security — Firewalls, vulnerability assessment, IDS/IPS, filtering, etc.
- Shared Storage Technologies —LUN, RAID, ISCSI, FC, SAS, etc.
- Network Technologies — vLAN’s, route/switch, DNS, DHCP, RAS, VPN
- Automation — Scripting, imaging, installation, management
- Virtualization — VMWare and Windows/Hyper-V
- Cloud – Azure, AWS, SaaS, IaaS, PaaS
- Analytical and process-oriented approach to issues and assigned tasks
- Advanced level diagnostic method and skills in a variety of environments
Client Support and Soft Skills
- Intensely customer focused with the understanding that I.T. serves the business.
- Detailed time tracking. Advanced project management skills; task-focused and results-oriented.
- Highly effective both independently and as a member of a team.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills at all levels of an organization.
- At least five (5) years of experience in Information Technology infrastructure support.
- Associate degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent training preferred.
- Relevant certifications would include:
- Some after-hours availability
Physical Requirements — The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Must be able to sit for extended periods, performing work on a computer
- Must be able to assist with two-person lift of items weighing in excess of 50 pounds