Senior Tax Accountant
Position Title: Senior Tax Accountant
The Senior Tax Accountant functions as a resource for less experienced Tax Staff Accountants and helps senior managers with reviews. The position requires technical, client service, supervision, marketing, and administration skills.
- Prepares and reviews complex tax returns, including personal, business, fiduciary, and non-profit.
- Assumes tax person responsibility/management for less complex business clients.
- Performs tax research, planning, and projection projects.
- Assumes responsibility for the supervision of tax return preparation engagements.
- Possesses technical knowledge sufficient to supervise staff accountants.
- Assists in developing and training staff through supervision, evaluation, and assistance in assigned projects.
- Develops expertise within agreed upon industry group(s).
- Begin developing a command of pertinent IRC sections and regulations.
- Makes internal and external presentations on topics within specialty areas, as requested.
- Develops quality client relationships and loyalty.
- Ability to work hours necessary to meet deadlines for work assigned.
- Increased workload required during certain times of the year.
- Occasional same day or overnight travel for work at client’s offices, meetings, and seminars.
- In-office work during training, due to the interaction necessary with trainer. Amount of time required will vary based on the individual’s experience and abilities.
- Individuals at this level normally have a Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree with a major in Accounting, or other related business field; or equivalent accounting experience.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in individual/corporate tax accounting.
- CPA licensed.
- Strong technical knowledge and skills.
- Creative problem solving ability, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Strong project management and team management skills.
- Experience in delivery of quality client service.