Are you looking for a great opportunity with a Fortune 500 company who is willing to train? This client is looking for level 1 service desk support and is willing to train on the more extensive technical skills. They are seeking a self motivated individual who can ask the right questions and learn.
The Field Technicians are the escalation point of contact for all technical issues that cannot be resolved remotely. They serve as members of a team by providing on-site technical support for those items escalated by the Service Desk. Field Technicians are under the supervision of a Field Services Lead Associate or similar manager function.
The Field Technicians are also responsible for providing a consolidated point of contact for employees with technical support needs. Field Technicians are responsible for responding to service desk tickets in a timely manner, researching and resolving escalated technical support issues. Technical support issues may include: resetting passwords, unlocking accounts, installing software, and executing scripted troubleshooting processes. Field Technicians are to document all trouble tickets with clear, concise explanations in a timely and accurate manner, and prioritize tickets based on their level of urgency.
- Provide a consolidated point of contact for providing escalated technical support to employees
- Respond to all assigned tickets in a timely manner
- Research and resolve escalated trouble tickets
- Immediately notify appropriate individuals of any issues that could potentially impact production activities and follow escalation to keep impact minimal
- Document all trouble tickets with clear, concise explanations in a timely and accurate manner ensuring adherence to department policies and procedures
- On-site and remote client support of various enterprise and desktop applications
- Establish and maintain a professional relationship with customers, team members and department contacts
- Cooperate with team members to provide the best customer experience possible
- Provide quality customer service that exceeds customer expectations
- Assist Service Desk when needed or when assigned by taking customer calls or chats.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED required
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and at a fast pace
- Detail-oriented, highly organized
- Prior technical support experience
- Able to work an 8 hour day shift
- Able to lift up to 40lbs on a regular basis
- Associates degree in computer science, MIS or a related field preferred.
- Customer service experience preferred
- Experience installing and troubleshooting computer software and hardware preferred
- Ability to troubleshoot personal computer and peripherals preferred
- Technical knowledge of Microsoft Office applications preferred
- Knowledge of trouble ticketing systems preferred
- Spanish or French speaking is a plus