Small Business Account Manager
Located in our Overland Park office, Small Business Account Managers (SBAM) are responsible for the success of a portfolio of small business customer accounts. The position is key to ensuring our customers’ success by developing and executing strategies to drive move ins and improve the conversion rate of referred leads. The SBAM will be evaluated by the performance of their individual portfolio on a quarterly basis.
The SBAM tracks and analyzes results for their account portfolio and communicates those results out to their accounts – offering insights into and suggestions for increasing move ins and driving revenue. The SBAM is responsible for developing strong and productive relationships at all levels of the organization from C-level executives to the field sales team.
The SBAM works closely with client's Regional Managers, as these managers are responsible for supportive and successful partner relationships in their regions at the local community level. The SBAM also works with the Regional Managers to resolve any invoices that are disputed by a partner. In addition, the SBAM will utilize the resources of the national team of Customer Success Managers and Customer Acquisitions Managers to help implement and promote region- and/or partner-specific strategies.
Who you are:
The ideal candidate is both a sales person AND an account manager who is highly competitive, results oriented and dedicated to working with our customer organizations to grow revenue. He/she is an excellent communicator – both verbal and written – and has tremendous analytical and follow up skills.
What you will do:
- Manage a portfolio of customers with annual revenue between $7-10 million
- Implement proven sales programs and strategies designed to increase customer move ins and conversion rates
- Analyze monthly results and communicate directly with customer organizations those results
- Utilize video conferencing to conduct business review meetings and lead/tour reviews
- Assists with maintaining the database of all multi-property senior living companies and takes actions to ensure that their entire portfolio of communities is on the A Place for Mom Referral service. Follows acquisitions within the industry and ensures that any “transition properties” remain customers of our client
- Assists with the organization and delivery of regular, customer-appropriate New Team Member orientation webinars, ensuring that these new Team Members understand the client and how to effectively convert our leads.
- Promotes the adoption and consistent use of our customer tools:
- Community Central (a free, 24/7 online reporting and lead tracking service).
- Real Time Tour Feedback
- Secret Shop Service
- Ensures retention of current customers.
- Helps to resolve invoice disputes in a fair and equitable manner, communicating those results to customers in a supportive and positive manner.
- Keeps in excellent communication with Senior National Account Manager, and prepares reports of weekly accomplishments and achievement of goals.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- 5+ years of experience in account management and/or senior living sales management
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A personal sense of urgency and capacity to overcome obstacles.
- A high level of enthusiasm for building a business.
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities/projects.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- An excellent problem solver.
- Highly organized.
- Comfortable with data tracking, analysis and CRM tools.
- Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and PowerPoint